Prevent malicious arbitrage of event rewards

:partying_face: nice very good idea

3 Likes

Now I finally have land!!
yuhu

5 Likes

I’m a follower of Cryptounicorns, and this will really help the project not to just skyrocket, but to maintain and be able to do its ecosystem.

3 Likes

I see some good points being shared here, definitely some problems from bots. I know one goal is to reward early adopters, but another goal is marketing and promoting. The team has been intentional in both - such as Dark Forest for Unicorn holders, as well as comps for anyone to join on DC.

I feel the team is already rewarding and promoting quite well. I would like to see a land game/rewards though, as not all asset holders were unicorn owners, and therefore weren’t benefited by DF.

We definitely don’t want to exclude market populations who cannot afford to buy current assets, but I agree that we also don’t want to dilute out early adopters who have bought into the game, moving forward. Will be interesting to hear the team’s input on this :smiley:

4 Likes
  • AGREE TO ARBITRAGE
  • DISAGREE TO ARBITRAGE

0 voters

2 Likes

Just want to put my latest point here from discord. its about the FRP

https://discord.com/channels/898314244095877180/956577307953340436/962483065895149588

from what I see here is that there are several ways to resolve this :

1. it requires the blockchain to detect multiple accounts that has founders rewards.
  • if the wallet has received 500 RBW from someone just to stake it should be investigated or have thier prizes locked or nullified.
  • if a wallet sent 500 RBWs to a wallet and that wallet staked. it should be investigated or have its prizes locked or nullified.
  • if the certain wallet has 2 or more addresses that linked thru 1 exchange.
  • any blockchain related pattern. OS buy and Sell. etc.
  • Some might say they sent their RBW’s to someone via XXX because it’s their cousin or neighbor or whatever. these excuses should be handled case to case basis since they can just both collaborate on that anyway to sell those LB’s and profit.

Those data of players that staked and eligible for FRP is already there in the block chain already. so it’s just a matter of scrubbing who those people are out of the 7000+

1. FRP lootbox to be locked including their items inside to prevent arbitrage.

Just to clear. i am only talking about the FRP. not talking about the hard earned Discord Loot boxes, events from DF, or other related events that you acquired your lootboxes. I would agree that these can be sold in the market place as it required some human effort to acquire them.

============================================

We necessarily dont need to apply everything at the start of the launch. but the thing here is that if we did not act fast enough for people to exploit it we might loose already an opportunity to stopping these people.

another approach is if lootboxes are tradable for these first few months. I think its okay and we see if it has any impact on the eco. else on the next month we lock it. we can consider it as an early rewards participation.

We can also maybe just lock the mythic ones and not the rare ones and common ones.

Again when i say lootbox locked. it means the items inside it are also locked. RBW and UNIM though im not sure how it will be locked. an idea is if an RBW is locked you can use all the portion of those RBW but if you need to withdraw you need to be above that locked RBW else you wont be able to get any RBW out of the airlock unless the RBW was used for some burning mech in game that lock value will never dropped. same with unim.

===============================

Lastly we can also have something like an “admit fault” form. that players can fill up that they admit sending 500 RBW to get FRP. these people if they notified early will have sanctions.

1. They will only recieve 1 FRP on the account of their choosing. those RBW from other accounts are still locked and will still gain RBW rewards. Loot box will be transferrable.
  2. They will not recieve FRP to any of those accounts. those RBW will still earn RBW rewards.
  3. They will only recieve 1 common lootbox and/or 1 rare lootbox everny quarter on the account of their choosing. those RBW from other accounts are still locked and will still gain RBW rewards. Loot box will be transferrable.

thoughts?

4 Likes

Sounds reasonable. I see two downsides. The first is the complexity of your procedures. the second is a massive outflow of bot growers and, as a result, a sharp depreciation of assets

3 Likes

Only one Loyalty Program and Discord is allowed per person. So I think a lot of people trying to abuse the kind program team gave us will not get to abuse the system. I am sure the team has ways to weed out the fake accounts. Thanks for adding your suggestions of ways to help make the system fair and prevent abuse. :+1:

5 Likes

I like the way CU is doing on discord. It can be bad for many cheaters but it is very good for new players, as this is their start. We don’t know the scholarship mechanism yet. I think this is how CU wants to give the first few materials to the tenants. Land tenants and land owners both benefit right? :honeybee::honeybee::unicorn::honeybee::honeybee:

4 Likes

could you elaborate further?

2 Likes

Certainly. It seems to me that there are really a lot of bots in this game, but these are crypto games - there are always there. And if they are forbidden to participate at this stage, then they will sell the assets and the price will drop dramatically and the project may be bent

пн, 11 апр. 2022 г. в 04:35, KeizerMc🦊 via Crypto Unicorns <notifications@cryptounicorns.discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

Bad money drives out good ~The speculators — for the sake of profit — still ostensibly follow the rules,The price does not bend down

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: agree it!

2 Likes

it sounds like what you’re saying is just give up and dont do anything about bots at all… i think its couter productive.

if you design a system that is counter productive to bots more engaging people are going to come and real investments will happen.

the problem with a lot of projects is that bots has became so big to a point that if they pull out they will affect the majority. thats why as early as now its best to weed them out of entry.

I dont understand when you said there are a lot of bots in this game. the game has not been released yet but there are already people who has malicious intent with the assets being provided by the project.

if we can weed them out as early as now. then the impact in the future will surely be much smaller too…

prevention is better than cure.

=============================

also to add i dont think the instructions i’ve provided is complicated. a simple excel file can download all block chain transactions and check the ones with an exact 500 RBW transfer + or - and see if those came from an original account . its not complex if they can handle big data now… what’s stopping them on doing a few manual checks and balances?.

I can’t further put information here in the public about this. but you can run your imagination on how this will work. its do-able with minimum effort.

3 Likes

Can you create this excel file yourself?

2 Likes

完全同意 持有资产给予奖励非常符合 Totally agree It is very consistent with holding assets and giving rewards

2 Likes

@ 柯_TGG

2 Likes

here is a rough sample . blockchain is easy to filter. this is a manual check and there are tools out there to improve blockchain search…

If you are interested to learn. start by checking : this is the RBW contract address.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a guild wallet?

2 Likes

there are ways to verify if a wallet is a guild wallet or not.

2 Likes