Prevent malicious arbitrage of event rewards

very bad idea. it discriminate newbies. rich people will get richer, and poor people will more poor.

2 Likes

could you explain further your point ?

3 Likes

I love your ideas @KeizerMc . Hopefully will be considered by the CU team :100:

Btw, the shadowcorn team is malicious and always beat the unicorn team. Can we prevent that and give us a chance? :joy:

5 Likes

@yowyowyow No unfortunately nothing can be done about these, we will always win :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Great idea @KeizerMc . But eliminating bots I think isnā€™t the priority for the team right now but instead for a successful game launch. Also, Bots will always be there because they are created by players who try to automate some of the manual actions in a game. And that isnā€™t generally bad. However, they can also create imbalance in the game that can potentially drive away other players. I believe we can always suggest to the team to take additional actions regarding this if itā€™s harming the game. Nonetheless, I do think bots canā€™t be eliminated 100%.

3 Likes

I respect your idea, but if its a bot like behavior. it just means that the team did not want this approach in the first place thats why the automation ā€œfeaturesā€ are not there and these ā€œusersā€ making bots for it should not be tolerated.

While true its convinient if the game is ā€œautomatedā€, where do we put the line of means of ā€œplaying a gameā€. In my belief. Games are deisgned for Humans to be entertained, not for robots to do. if you are here just to automate that process. youā€™re just here for the money. it just also means you dont care about the art, the features and functions of the game. why? becase youā€™re just letting a ā€œrobotā€ or a ā€œcodeā€ to play. that thing wont care about any player experiences or entertainment. that thing will just do whatever it was coded to do just making more and more and more. but hey Real players do! if an investor wants to profit from this Game. they should delegate their assets to other people and let them have player experiences.

to add: if there are not a lot of real people in the space and we just put everything as bots [or sell pressure] then where will the new money comes in? where will the new investors comes in? is it safe to say that the value of all the other players money that is invested in, will just be taken by an ā€œautomatorā€ which makes it unfair for everyone?

I cannot deny that the existence of these bots are out there. it doesnt mean that we have to stop fighting and just let them. a lot of project tokens dropped value because of bots. Axie SLP, Pegaxy VIS, and many othersā€¦ We as investors needs to be responsible about how to grow the project and not to siphon its wealth specially at this early stage. else there will be no project EVER that will become successful.

Cheers!

7 Likes

how many replies for CU to take notice or move this idea to next step?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an idea but some member may have decide to sell their assets meanwhile

5 Likes

botters and arbitrage users can sellā€¦ this community needs organic growth that doesnā€™t take advantage of each and everyone.

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Weā€™ve been watching this topic closely and wanted to reach out with our thoughts.

Generally speaking, our team has designed events with the primary intent of awarding long-term CU NFT holders (Dark Forest, Retention-based UNIM & RBW Airdrops, Leaderboards, etc).

In addition to events geared towards CU holders, we also run community events to award active participants and promote engagement within the CU discord. While the community events are large in number, they cumulatively represent a small amount of the total rewards being distributed. For example, when comparing the total amount of RBW, UNIM, & Loot boxes distributed or pending distribution the percentage awarded to community events represents the following -

• UNIM: 2% (distributed via Community Events)
  • Loot Boxes: 5% (distributed via Community Events)

So all in all discord events represent a tiny minority of the UNIM & Lootboxes weā€™ve rewarded via things like the Dark Forest, Founders Reward Program, Staking leaderboards, which went to NFT holders.

In regard to your concern over players attempting to game the system, our team actively considers potential exploits and designs events to attempt to circumvent unwanted behavior. Examples of this include the Loyalty & Rewards program kryptosign and placing more emphasis on in-game rewards/distribution systems rather than RBW/UNIM rewards.

It is important to note that both CU NFT holders and active community participants are vital to the long-term success and growth of CU. In turn, we will continue to award both holders and community participants, but NFT holders will always receive the highest allocation of rewards.

Lastly, Iā€™ll say that post game launch the vast majority (ie. 95%+) of rewards distribution will be targeting actual players actively participating in the in-game ecosystem.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and ideas.

19 Likes

Very good explanations and ideas, I always keep observation, as a game participant, I understand that the discussion here is very important to me, some people are for the game, some people are for making money, the community should not be single, It should be multi-faceted and I appreciate the teamā€™s attitude.

I also hope to see more ways to prevent multi-account bots. Multi-account and participation in the game should reach a balance. This requires time and exploration. I always maintain confidence in the project!

6 Likes

Itā€™s always very difficult to make decisions, you canā€™t take care of everyone, but I think this decision is perfect, taking care of everyone. Come on unicorns. :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

5 Likes

This is probably the most effective post ever :thinking:

2 Likes

This type of discussion and communication in the CU community epitomizes a DAO. While we have our own interests and biases depending on our level of participation and objectives, it is always great to hear ideas and see concrete measures that address the actual concerns of stakeholders. :smile:

2 Likes

no one likes flippers :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! We already have events that are exclusive to NFT holders such as the earliest UNIM airdrop and the RBW airdrop. The guiding principles behind the community events are that we want to invite more people into our community, to encourage people to stick around, and most importantly for everyone to have fun in equal measure, regardless of whether theyā€™re NFT holders or not.

Archiving this topic now.