Reward Amendments to CUIP-003 (Mod Program)

Hopes to improve the reward mechanism so that early players can enjoy better returns

1 Like

If we leave $1,000, how much will the treasury spend per month on this matter?

Hello, ArtToRich! First, I’d like to clarify that we’re not exactly spending the treasury here but the Ecosystem Fund! The ecosystem fund is RBW allocated for the further development and growth of the unicornkind.

There is no straight answer on how much RBW gets consumed as it is dependent on the market price and how many mods qualify at any given month.

However, for better imagery, this is how much RBW tokens 1000 USD is worth at different price points. (sorry for the low quality image, did this really quickly to help with visualization)

As the ecosystem fund unlocks at a set schedule, we also want to install a balancing act that would prevent us from accelerating the ecosystem fund disbursement rate beyond its actual schedule.

1 Like

Wow what a wall of text here. Clearly many of us don’t have as much time as some others. I did try to read it all nevertheless.
So far, the only arguments against having localized payouts are:
-we are web3
-others pay more

Both don’t really convince me - sorry. I would even put it to a test - when we go down to 200 USD per month - who would do this much work still? Surely the people in developing countries because of a lower cost of living. Definitely not the ones who cannot live from what they earn here without getting a second job (where being mod would be the first job).

Others pay more: Well lucky them. Unfortunately I doubt we are in no position to “overpay” just because others do. We have decreasing DAU, very low traffic on OS and discord is also getting more and more quiet. If people would do the same job for 200, then why pay 1k?

Besides, people like timetraveler, EL, mama_psycho, RiseB, Keizer and many others do the job of a mod for free. Are we supposed to pay them as well? Community mods used to not get paid at all - hell even I offered to work as a mod for free but probably didn’t fit the requirements.

I agree that mods should be mods and not included in discord events, too - these should be staff hired by LG. Maybe we can differentiate between guardians and keepers as being contracted by LG and voluntary mods that are not in it for the money?

I know that many will hate me for this comment but that is how I feel. I also hope that you are not offended by it. I work in finance (management level) and probably thats why arguments like “others pay more” and “we are web3” are not really working for me - especially, when they come from people who might benefit the most from it.

1 Like

What mod job you think they are doing for free? Have you even read the checklist a mod should do? So, should I call everyone a moderator just because they do entertain questions from the community? We are at the forum so there’s no space for assumptions and speculations. Please enumerate from the list of the mods work that made you say they are doing Mod work for free.

Because you won’t be able to ask the team for anyone to apply for a mod position. They handpicked the mod based on their activity and how they respond to the community.

With your mindset that is enclosed to only what you think is right maybe is the reason you’re not ask to be one.
If there is one mod in our team with same mindset as you are and with your current activity in CU discord, you’re long gone just a month after the game launches, FYI.
Because I can list all the rules you broke since the day you start spreading baseless FUD.

Why pay content creators 10k USD then? It sure is doing an “overpay” like you keep on bringing to a web 3 space just because "“I work in a finance (management level)”
Nobody gives a sht what we are in a web 2 position, because that is irrelevant in this space.
I don’t know why you keep pushing web 2 pay into a web 3 because that is literally the most stupidest thing i’ve heard. If we apply your arguments then the devs the partners, etc should also have lesser pay.

Again, this doesn’t fall under “MOD AS A JOB”.
But just because nothing can change how you perceived things are,

I’ll just say,

Thanks for your opinion.

3 Likes

this seems a little much, and should be re-evaluated.

2 Likes

In the spirit of Web3 everyone has a view and its definitely an eye opener.

CM Team, Mod, Team/Contributor, Community member or whichever a person wants to structure it. I see it as a symbiotic relationship to keep on building as we face every challenges that comes in our way. Albeit can be dehumanising at some point.

I hereby rest my case and leave it to the DAO to decide on the best outcome. Good luck and god speed!

2 Likes

you can do it 6hr/5day per week.

1 Day have 24hr. Good luck with your mindset

2 Likes

Just want to touch on a few point in accountability, I think the summary of work done by mods who opt into current MRP program which CM team collects and logged monthly can be posted in some data dump link for community to see, that will solve accountability and transparency issue. the system in place can continue to be practice should this proposal is pass. It is in my opinion that the CM team has a good system in place in managing the current MRP program, only that it wasn’t being shared publicly, hence the scrutiny from community. 2ndly, the system in place with some fine tuning will not increase CM team’s workload, which is an important thing to consider as I do think this proposal shouldn’t be a complicated one.

lastly, it is important to know that even when this proposal gets passed and voted in, not every mod will opt in/achieved the required target every month, so the notion of comparing this to wage is still a big misconception. We are all learning and building in web3, the industry is still forging its own path, if we keep following the old rigid ways of doing things, we may end up discouraging talents and creatives.

1 Like

Last time Pegaxy put the Valentines to a test i think we can already a test to the result.
Last time Axie said put the SLP a Test. they got swamped by bots and all that mess flood out causes a massive ban to players who are legitimate players who are still

So, In your context, We want to put the moderators and guardians to a test? . when they have been volunteering with some more than 6 months not getting proper incentives. dealing with rude people, players treating them like punching bags. dude… i think you need to step on a breaks here for a little bit.

Who is others? . which project? did anyone mentioned any project here that pays more? . I dont think the term overpay should be used here.
you might need to catch up with this

If you read the past few post from the first few days. it was discussed that Moderators can’t even qualify for this to a point that some already gave up because its hard to attain. also its not pay 1k. its to incentivize. and again the 1k can be explained from the link i sent above.

Umm’ sir , we are councils not moderators and guardians, different department ^^, there is also back then a discussion about this internally about compensation for councils which ended up being a badge and nothing else.

nice of you to put humor on your post. :rofl:

I understand you are just coming off in the corner of Care. but I would encourage you to have a little empathy about this matter. As a person who works in finance. I understand that numbers are everything to you and we can be clouded by the Rationale of our own experience. but as you said we are on a decreasing DAO, not only players are leaving, we have inactive councils now and only comes by the review and focusing on other things, we have passionate players / mods, /guardians getting more and more impatient about things. and as a financial strategy, its better to keep our people than to find someone else. with a “cheaper price” but doing everything half assed. You should consider the time spent on these people, the value they have as a person, the training and training time involved, and not just the output of work. and if you loose these people. you’re basically going start over with a clean slate newbie that may or may not perform the same quality that the last person did. and with that essence that the quality is affected. do you think your “customers” or DAO will stay further? .

We have not even considered the reputation impact of this. how much would that cost if things further went south on this conversation? .

I really think you read this whole wall of text and not just with a pass thru. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

First thing first, they are helping the community in their free time as their free will with no obligation, not like Mod that needs to clock in and clock out. That a whole different spectrum there.

I do understand where you coming from maybe your boss might use your logic and lets a trainee or janitor replace you someday. Why pay more? With your mentality, I do feel sorry for people who work for you or under you. Are you going to replace them all if you find a cheaper option?

I do understand that you don’t see the value of Mod for this community. I suggest you can purpose a motion to our DAO community “Stop paying the mod - there are people who are willing to do this for free” that would be interesting to see.

5 Likes
  1. I think he is aware that we are council and not mods, his point is Timetraveler, El, mama_psycho, Riseb, do as much if not better of a job than the mods themselves are doing.

2. I don’t think the conversation is going south at all, some people simply disagree with the suggested compensation for modding.

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for your responses. I took a night to sleep over it to not get too emotional.

I’d like to do it like terrarekt after this post and “rest my case and leave it to the DAO to decide on the best outcome.”

I just want to clarify a few things that clearly have been misunderstood:

1. I never wanted to sound like mods don’t deserve any payment. All I said was it should be localized and still did not get a compelling argument against localization.
  2. I wouldn’t say people insulted me, even though “you started spreading baseless FUD”, “putting humor on my post” when talking about my mod application and similar come close, but clearly people are emotional in the debate. I would likely try defend such a high amount of money myself if I were on the other side. But these kinds of “arguments” don’t really support ones case, they only make them look … challenged. Bring up arguments and make your case.
  3. Lastly my mod application: Couple of weeks ago, before we had some not so good releases and pending issues kept stacking (and before people even like timetraveler slowly got frustrated), my motivation was very high and I was a very active and helpful member - in general, the german chat, even in mod support/ask the devs several times a day. I was active on our own discord, onboarding new players and helping on another server when people had quesitons. That was when I applied for a mod position (for free!) because I wanted the project to succeed - that way I would gain the most. That was also the time I got my “starcorn” rank btw. that probably didn’t come out of nowhere. But just to be safe this is not misunderstood again: I do NOT think mods shouldn’t be paid for their work - I just volunteered to. All I say is localize and give them a good payment based on their cost of living.
    By the way: Based on my behaviour now I wouldn’t hesitate a second to NOT consider myself as a mod, I know that.

Off topic: After I read your responses and the discussion here I really thought of taking myself out of any future conversation, not pointing out issues or areas of improvements anymore - baseless FUD excluded of course :slight_smile: . I even started calculating how much my CU-account was worth and if I’d be willing to sell it. These thoughts never crossed my mind before. Guess I will be taking a step back for now to clear my thoughts.

Thanks and good luck for everyone.

1 Like

lets just focus on the voting part.

I find this thread very disgusting on how people respond while we are discussing this. Instead of making things work, it feels like we are fighting and separating ourselves further lets move forward. I hope the DAO is still working on a way to be that beacon of rainbows.

totally spoiled my passion for the community.

7 Likes

Hello again, @ArtToRich! I apologize for the haphazardly-made table I made prior. I’ve finally found the time to sit down and crunch the numbers. Here is the predicted proposal cost:

Number of Qualified Mods RBW Cost
(.03 USD price)
RBW Cost (.05 USD Price)
1 33,333 20,000
2 66,667 40,000
3 100,000 60,000
4 133,333 80,000
5 166,667 100,000
6 200,000 120,000
7 233,333 140,000
8 266,667 160,000
9 300,000 180,000
10 333,333 200,000
11 366,667 220,000
12 400,000 240,000
13 433,333 260,000
14 466,667 280,000
Total Monthly RBW Cost (14 Mods) 466,667 280,000
Total RBW Cost for 6 months 2,800,000 1,680,000

This prediction caps at 14 as there are currently 14 active moderators on Discord.

Total Proposal Cost at .03 USD/RBW: 0-2,800,000 RBW for 6 months
Total Proposal Cost at .05 USD/RBW: 0-1,680,000 RBW for 6 months

These are also all the ongoing previously-approved Ecosystem Fund grants:
Moonstream: 500,000 RBW total
Venture Counsel - 500,000 RBW total
Emfarsis - 150,000 RBW total
Dune Analytics Dashboard Work - 24,000 RBW total

Even with all these grants disbursing monthly, the Ecosystem Fund would keep to its unlock schedule without issues providing that the RBW price does not become too low.

This also assumes that no further Ecosystem Grants will be approved while the price stays within the said range. Further calculations should be made for any additional ecosystem fund grant proposals in the future. We’ll make sure to add these new calculations to the impact report we’ll write for those proposals.

4 Likes

Hi Nanessa you need to check table again. There is some miss calculation from your side.
This is the way it should be( sorry for bad editing) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for letting me know that something was wrong. Happy to make edits. It seems like the excel formula got messed up when I did the copy-pasting on the forum! What you showed is not the 6 month cost though. It’s now reflected correctly. :handshake:

4 Likes

Ok so let me start this by saying we have phenomenal mods. We know who they are, not the ones that applied and didn’t even last a month due to RBW tanking.

This is the least we could do for them, I even at one point suggested they get back pay. So many of these arguments are absurd and unrealistic. Should RBW hit $10, should be snub them if they remain on the current system.

Just look at the mod participation requirements and tell me if that is something you could or would like to commit to. These mods are the most under paid in web3 that I have seen, as well as in GTA roleplay servers. Their continued participation has helped keep the server together and shows their dedication to CU and its longevity. I have a lot more to say but the community is really showing its true colors.

If this does not pass, then I hope to see all mods resign and for the community to have to deal with whatever subpar mods we get, after months of trying to find someone who will work for 2 bundles of milled wood planks per month.

10 Likes

Hi dear all friends and team , I am grateful that you guys have been released a new proposals. After reading many pro and cons , and sadly , I saw some of the team members are agreeing that Mods should not be rewarded or decreasing the rewards as Mod. In my honest opinion , they are playing a very important roles for the community. For example :
Helping someone when they have problems , bring the hype to the community , chat with newcomers and community members and not making the discord chat is like a dead project community(inactive chat) , etc. I am standing with the Mods , their efforts , times and everything should be appreciated by rewarding them . I am voicing out for my personal opinion , not representing any guild or team. I hope the team should respect them .

7 Likes

Wow so I finally backread and a lot of you are out of line. Illest, Terra, B, Mahathir, Deadshot, Emerald, You all need to go spend your time in ways that benefit you rather than carrying a community of ungrateful members. Please resign same day should this get denied.

10 Likes