We believe in encouraging and supporting community members to continually invest in and participate in the success of the project. Rewarding participation in bug hunts and community moderation enables us to collectively take ownership of what we are building together. This proposal seeks to amend how incentives are disbursed for CUIP-003.
- We wish to encourage our passionate mod team to continually support other community members, especially as we enter the growth phase.
This program is designed to reward our community moderators with RBW based on their contributions as assessed by the Laguna Games team through its Community Management team. Over the course of the prior program’s implementation, most moderators have fallen under the old tier 2 category, so we’ll only use one classification this time.
|Tier||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Availability: 4+ hours daily active engagement||Availability: 6+ hours daily active engagement|
|Availability: 2 days active engagement||Availability: 5 days active engagement|
|8+ hours/week||30+ hours/week|
|Discord Support/Language Channel Support||Discord Support/Language Channel Support|
|Criteria||Ask-the-devs/Language Channel Coverage||Ask-the-devs/Language Channel Coverage|
|Mod-support/Language Channel Coverage||Mod-support/Language Channel Coverage|
|Message Moderation||Message Moderation|
|Member Moderation||Member Moderation|
|Issue Escalation||Issue Escalation|
|-||Additional community-related projects|
|Reward||100 USD of RBW||500 USD of RBW|
Community-related projects include, but are not limited to, translating announcements into other languages, writing guides, providing support on socials outside Discord etc. These can either be initiated by the mods themselves or requested by the Community Management team based on community needs.
- Who is covered by this program?
- This program is open to all existing and future Guardians and Keepers* on Discord. However, reward will be allocated based on the highest tier they qualified for. (ie. they cannot qualify for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards within the same reward cycle)
*The Guardian and Keeper system refers to the volunteer moderator system run by the Community Management team on Discord.
- How will the reward be disbursed?
- As the reward is denominated in USD, the Laguna Games team shall have the discretion to pay the rewards in either RBW or USDC. This will follow a monthly cadence.
These two programs will be valid for six (6) months, starting from when the current cycle ends. The current cycle must first be concluded using the existing model before this can take effect. Once the validity period ends, the team will re-evaluate the programs and, if appropriate, propose to extend them.
We believe that these programs appropriately align rewards to further strengthen community participation as we gear towards the growth phase. We leave the approval of this proposal to the DAO.