Renewal for Mod Reward Program CUIP-010

Abstract
As the existing Mod Program is ending, we wish to propose the extension of the existing Mod Reward Program for another 6 months for the following reasons. Rewarding participation in community moderation enables us to collectively take ownership of what we are building together. This proposal seeks to renew for CUIP-003 proposal which will end soon.

Motivation
We wish to encourage Guardians [Mod Team] to continually support Crypto Unicorns community members.

Details
Mod Reward Program
This program is designed to reward Guardians with RBW based on their contributions as assessed by the Laguna Games team through its Community Management team. Over the course of the prior program’s implementation.

Tier Tier 1 Tier 2
Availability: 4+ hours daily active engagement Availability: 6+ hours daily active engagement
Availability: 2 days active engagement Availability: 5 days active engagement
8+ hours/week 30+ hours/week
Discord Support/Language Channel Support Discord Support/Language Channel Support
Criteria Ask-the-devs/Language Channel Coverage Ask-the-devs/Language Channel Coverage
Mod-support/Language Channel Coverage Mod-support/Language Channel Coverage
Message Moderation Message Moderation
Member Moderation Member Moderation
Issue Escalation Issue Escalation
Newcomers Channel Coverage Additional community-related projects
Support in channels for upcoming releases Newcomers Channel Coverage
Suggestion Channel Support in channels for upcoming releases
Serious Channel Coverage Suggestion Channel
Serious Channel Coverage
Reward 100 USD of RBW 500 USD of RBW

Community-related projects include, but are not limited to, translating announcements into other languages, writing guides, providing support on socials outside Discord etc. These can either be initiated by the mods themselves or requested by the Community Management team based on community needs.

Who is covered by this program?

• This program is open to all existing and future Guardians and Keepers* on Discord. However, rewards will be allocated based on the highest tier they qualify for. (ie. they cannot qualify for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards within the same reward cycle)

• The Guardian and Keeper system refers to the volunteer moderator system run by the Community Management team on Discord.

How will the reward be disbursed?

• As the reward is denominated in USD, the Laguna Games team shall have the discretion to pay the rewards in either RBW or USDC. This will follow a monthly cadence.

Validity
These two programs will be valid for six (6) months, starting from when the current cycle ends. The current cycle must first be concluded using the existing model before this can take effect. Once the validity period ends, the team will re-evaluate the programs and, if appropriate, propose to extend them.

Conclusion
These programs appropriately align rewards to further strengthen community participation as we gear towards the growth phase. We leave the approval of this proposal to the DAO.

3 Likes

Supporting this proposal, no reward changes, MRP worked fine within 6 months and I don’t see any reasons not to prolong it.

2 Likes

Tell me, how are Unicorn Keeper or Unicorn Guardin developing local chats?
I follow two local groups (Filipinos and Russians), and I don’t see information being fully communicated to local users
If in the Russian segment afer12 periodically does translations (plus he runs a telegram-channel/chat where he also posts information), in the Filipino group they don’t do it at all (I haven’t watched other groups)
In my opinion, when they take moderators in some local groups, they take them for the purpose of bringing information to players who don’t speak English (hello invoko).
But if the purpose is for moderators to sit and chat/flood in certain sections, then I have no questions

2 Likes

Hi @WINTER_AND_SUMMER,

I follow two local groups (Filipinos and Russians), and I don’t see information being fully communicated to local users. If in the Russian segment afer12 periodically does translations (plus he runs a telegram-channel/chat where he also posts information), in the Filipino group they don’t do it at all (I haven’t watched other groups)

I’ll get this message across for all Guardians who are managing localize community. This is a great feedback. Appreciate it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But if the purpose is for moderators to sit and chat/flood in certain sections, then I have no questions

We are active wherever there’s activity for us to monitor or to be involved in it [We are members of the community as well :sweat_smile:] but we do keep an eye out on other channels. We are also happy to engage with the communities as long as its within the boundary of our community rules. :smiley:

Also thanks for your great work on reporting bots on our TG Channels. Kudos to you good ser. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for your service :saluting_face: Will be voting yes on this proposal.

4 Likes

late to respond but yes. Voting yes on this proposal :slight_smile:

1 Like

The voting period for CUIP-024: Renewal for Mod Reward Program has ended with the following result.

Result: No

Snapshot: Snapshot

Yes: 33,670,069.77
No: 54,918,445.1

Total Votes: 88,588,514.87

Please note that as the author has decided to repropose, this post will remain open for further discussion.

Kindly let the authors know what edits need to be made in order to get the proposal to pass. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi guys and girls, what’s the reason behind the rejection, let’s communicate and if there’s a need, make a revision of the original proposal. :slight_smile: