Reward Amendments to CUIP-003 (Mod Program)

While we are firing at the Guardians.

We even get laugh at for getting a measly reward for the effort we have done.

2 Likes

The image you shared would entail sharing sensitive information to mods, or giving them access to official accounts such as twitter. The forum itself is a per seat thing, not all the CMs have a forum admin account. I’m curious how other communities handle this in terms of security?

It would also possibly add an extra step with information being relayed to the community. Right now, information goes through Devs > CM > Community. With this, it would be Devs > CM > Mods > Community.

Having mods completely in charge of text and image would also be quite difficult. In the current iteration, CMs are required to do 3 content per day. I’m not sure if this is something that can be asked for mods to adhere to a strict output. The process is also highly intertwined with the art team’s process. Something that’s quite fast-paced.

1 Like

This is a very good feedback. Thanks @KeizerMc

I don’t know why the LG staff is so salty about Mod getting paid. Is LG not paying you enough? Or do you guys/girls think 1,000 USD is too much? FYI - You people are full-time employees of LG you get paid every month those mod doesn’t have employment. If you are unhappy with that better complain to your boss not here! Mod doesn’t have any employment like you guys and the freaking motion is 6 months. I do agree you should set up some parameters that give rewards according to contribution.

I suggest is to get the motion of the DAO to do the job. Let’s us vote !

P.S. Mod if you are not happy just quit nobody force you to work.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you read and understand the criteria to qualify before leaving your comments here, in order to qualify for tier 1 reward, it is equivalent to a full time commitment, you think these people will use all funds purely to be better in game?

secondly, due to the stringent requirement, 70% of mod now contribute without MRP, so I don’t understand what favourable head start you mean. I personally found this project early and used my own funds to mint egg and land. Money did not fell from the sky nor does LG put me in number 1 spot in leaderboard events.

As for founder rewards program, they are rewarded not just for mods, so this is not a mod specific issue FYI. Everyone who was willing to put in the time in the early days got that as a reward. Am I wrong for being enthusiastic and early with the project? tsk tsk. Are you implying that it is wrong for web3 project to reward early user and or their contribution? If yes, you clearly don’t get how web3 projects benefit by employing such strategy.

5 Likes

Before I opt out from this discussion just because I’m entirely disappointed on the things I’m currently reading from this topic specially on how the team indirectly described as us useless, I just want to point out the things the team failed to acknowledge.

You guys keep on saying “we don’t need more manpower as of now” but how about for the next few weeks? months?

Are we thinking we are going to stay with this discord members and activities for the next 6 months? If this is the team’s vision, then we are not gonna make it. As early as now we should start focusing on how to on board new players. If this is not in the team’s roadmap for the Q1 of 2023, then I don’t know what lies ahead for Crypto Unicorns. Increase in DAU = increase in discord members which will show an exponential growth on the activities and queries or even in game issues.

Some of the keepers are here pre WL, some are almost here for a year now. It’s not easy to find replacement from some random people LG can employ. Knowledge about this game is not an easy things to learn. Community wouldn’t want some shitty outsider mods being employed because they ran out of manpower.

Can someone from the team join strategic discussions, how about in game knowledge? How the game works? How breeding works?

Moderating is not enclosed to just checking FUD, saying generic things in mod support etc.
You gotta be part of the community to understand the community for US TO BE ABLE TO RELAY IT TO THE DEVS what can still be improve/change for the betterment of the game.

We were able to converse and share the community sentiments because we were here since the beginning.

Again, just like what I keep on telling the team, on this bear market, the most precious asset one project can have is its community members, giving us this treatment is literally shitting on us after all the things we’ve contributed to this project.
We are okay giving some content creator 10k USD with no impact at all but not okay giving some recognition to those set of people a CHANCE (yes, we call it a chance to earn something because even after this proposal gets pass, it’s not easy to qualify for the 1k USD, ITS NOT FREE MONEY FOR US)

We mods share the same sentiments after reading things from this and we are disappointed after we stay through the ATLs and the peak of FUD without expecting any pay from the team.

We thought we are about to get the recognition we deserved but it looks like it’s the other way around.

Regardless of the outcome of this proposal, I’m just happy it happen and learn a few things on how the community and the team sees us.

5 Likes

Thanks for identifying. since we’ve open the JD on public. which ones are LG comfortable about that will require lesser “tweaks” but still provides value and currently secured?? the goal I was hoping get here is for the CM team to focus on Marketing, events, Major patches, Testings and major feedback etc., Like also what you said. not everyone is doing all of those JD’ and there are what we call specialized people. / Moderators and Guardians also have their own specialty and im sure that if its worked together there will be a middle ground for all these JR’s [job requirements]

for example: advertisements or postings on twitter :
Moderator can create an “advert” on a doc file, with 30 items or more per week, [30 actually constitutes for 10 days but this of course can be arranged] . this can be discussed by the whole M&G’s as group effort. CM team can just pick which ones are appropriate for the occasion and post. if you feel that the moderators are not in the same direction of advertisements as what you guys are, you can tell them what needs to be. so moderators & G’s can think of it.

This will exercise M&G’s participation and will make them feel more included. CM team can also focus more on major and pressing things. and it will still meet security measures.

Another example : Event Winners Collation
Moderators can list down who the winners are,
You don’t need to drag your time scrolling to each one by one twitter stuff or Discord stuff. since moderators will get it for you. you can also cross check if needed but at least you know its already filtered out. and you don’t have to go thru everything. once confirmed all you have to do is submit it to the dev team for the drops to be provided.

Another example : Event Implementation
You can request for a moderator for a standby just in-case you need help with 1 or 2. and you can also assign what is needed to be done on this case. while on the event they can assist you on listing down which is which and you can focus on the event proper.

And another one : Event planning
While this is solely still a final decision for the CM team, you can ask a guardian or a moderator on what things are good to be implemented in general. or you can maybe ask a M&G what their opinion is. its not “part” of their scope but im sure they would be happy to provide some insight. [its nice to think outside the box most of the time specially at this space]

and speaking of which Sunflower Farms, Rebel Bots and Axie I think their mods have an ability to post announcements or minor ones that doesn’t require LG to provide information that can cause imbalance to the game. like those Maintenance, Community Reward Drops, Scam alerts. etc. and there are many ways we can implement this. and its just a way on how we want the volunteers to act accordingly.

I’m sure everyone from the M&G’s wants all of us to succeed and same with the CM team, i think a more communication of these changes will definitely make it grow better.

Which I think its a good idea. you separate yourself from the noise and focus on what you need to do in order for the project to grow. by this CM team will have more time to analyze and create reports much better. its of course still not wrong to go bond with the community once in a while or even do the same things as you were doing before. but as CM team i feel that you guys deserve to be focusing more on the much productive things for the devs and let the moderators compile these community reports for you.

I believe I answered this in an example above but as I can expand.

• You have to be honest that not 100% you cant watch the general chat and see what are the latest discussions there correct? while Moderators and Guardians are also not as much. I feel that their much more “visually” seen with responses in the community compared to the CM’s . meaning they can give you also a much better input on what the latest discussions are and what the current popular poop memes are. :rofl: and I think this will become their edge on these things which will be able to come up maybe a much clicking advert. whether to who needs to create the image and sorts. I believe its best to be both CM’s and M&G’s , redundant? no. marketing requires more minds, and the more minds it has the more powerful it has. lets get all the hands that we can get.

===================
now again to be fair. these are processes that may seem new to the space. a drastic change is always frowned upon, we can take it step by step and move towards the goal. it is important to also let go of responsibilities that while it we think is nice, it also just makes us more scattered.

Seeing the responsibilities of the CM team quite frankly its a bit far too spread out. our DAO is not even that big and we are already at this stage. if we moon. its 100% sure that CM team will real struggle with this. I honestly don’t want this to happen.

====

Drawing the Line :

While of course everything sounds good in paper, we haven’t discussed the what if scenarios of the bad things that “may” happen. one thing I can only advise is to set a strict guidelines for this and that needs to be followed and respected. there are specific strikes where you can also include to write off someone because of an X and Y but it needs to be also ensured that this is fair.

• Open only the policies that CM team will be comfortable to share with the M&G’s
  • If Required for them to Sign an NDA on specific task . they should.
  • If an M&G has done something that breaks, corrupts affects LG. they should be aware that the benefits can be revoked or they can be dismissed as an M&G. and these guidelines should be set accordingly.

Also take note. these reward programs have some measure on it and community will also watch them thru this. So far i have not really seen major issues with them but community should also still have the option to contact a CM team just in-case there is an Mod Authority issue / abuse.

its a hand in hand. we all just want to make it on this space.

3 Likes

I also would like to encourage people who will comment on this page to see the old passed proposal to this new proposal for comparison.

I also made this graphic which I was discussing in the council.

This part is a re-post
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I was looking at the last proposal CUIP-003 - Ecosystem Grant - Community Engagement & Rewards [Pass] from May 7

I’m sure that the proposal was thought earlier than May 7 so i pulled the price data from May 1st . this is what I got based on the 200 and 450 RBW reward. [ Please see Photo ]

Now that we have that data on hand I was thinking what is the real purpose of the revision of the mod reward program? and in my conclusion it was to help the moderators and guardians specially at these bear market times. we are converting the old reward program from its old value to a new stable coin value. which is what we have now.

with the image I presented above. I created an average of May 1 and May 7 both highs and lows so that we can estimate on how much we were really “incentivizing” our moderators before.

Turns out that Tier 1 is around 445 high, 332.3 Low and 388.65 as Average.
while Tier 2 is 1001.25 high, 747.675 Low and 874.46 Average

respectively.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

3 Likes

Hi team as one of the member in the community who have been here since the beginning(at least before presale) I think that our Mods contributions are worth more than 1000 USD per month for sure. They have been spending time and put a lot of effort to this community and their regional channel since I arrived at the discord. Without them some of the member wouldn’t be here until today or some of member might not even buy game assets at first place.

• I think that it would be great to have more tier like 250 USDC and 500 USDC per month for MOD that might busy and can’t active enough to be teir 1 in that month.

• WEB3 shouldn’t bound by country(at least for Moderators in discord community) if some of you are not happy or feel very salty just let community vote :slight_smile:

Sorry for my bad English it is not my main language.

4 Likes

I would like to just double / triple down on this. and im going to specifically mention Axie as an example. their support team was so bad because they cant find people on the same connections that are trusted enough to do the same things that needed to be done for axie to “hire” them as volunteers. tickets took until more than 3 months before an initial response or it gets close automatically. my november 2021 ticket was only answered at may 2022 … :rofl: the account they were trying to fix was unbanned last February. [i would want to swear but not this time]

The tickets that EACH support group needs to be processed is at least 300 per day. with them only 6 people on board. and was getting 10000 tickets per day. so yeah that was honestly a total shit show and that was way back November 2021.

we haven’t even slice the discussion on the mal actors that time. it was very horrible…

if we apply the same concepts to us lets say we have 3000 DAU and about 30 tickets per day. this is manageable in our aspects but once you start hitting tickets thousands. these processes will become very very overwhelming… plus the inclusion of the mal actors that will come on board the project maliciously filing tickets.

I would respectfully say please avoid this as much as you can.

1 Like

Hello, skydolphin and everyone. I’m currently unsure where the sentiment is coming from.

The proposal has been put forward as LG wishes to seek the DAO’s approval to reward both bug hunters and the volunteer mods. As the EF fund needs DAO approval, it needed to be a proposal. While I ended up being the author of the proposal, in hindsight, maybe perhaps it would have been better for the mods to represent themselves and request the approval directly from the DAO without any facilitation from the LG side?

@Illest We are on the same page in terms of expansion. One thing I would hope is for us to do is shift the narrative in that this is not an employment. This is the reason why I have kept mentioning in this thread that this is not a compensation system but a reward system. It is also why I mentioned that currently, while there is no manpower demand for a full-time mod position but this does not mean that contributions should go unrewarded/unrecognized. This is also why I said we envision that the mod contributions will be invaluable when we enter growth phase. We are totally on the same page.

I hope we can reframe the sentiment in that this discussion is not between LG and the mods but rather, the mods and the DAO. We are here only to answer questions pertaining to internal information that members of the DAO don’t have access to. This is not an indication of personal or corporate position in any way.

2 Likes

Nessa, I do appreciate your effort and care for the community and mods. I know that you are always looking out for them. I think Unicorn keeper and Guardian really appreciate this proposal and they need somebody to represent them.

So, where the sentiment is from is when LG employees share their thought about how rewarding system should work. I know that there are not represent LG but still, it shows their attitude about this topic. I not going to say whether it is appropriate or not.

I totally agree with this. Let’s do a DAO vote and see the outcome.

P.S. Unicorn keeper and Guardian: I am with you !

1. I and the admins have emphasized repeatedly since day 1 that the Mod Reward Program is a voluntary reward program, not employment. Mods are not obligated or forced to join the program. If a mod believes that they have the time and energy available to volunteer their services to the community, they are free to opt in the program.

2. I agree with what Keizer proposed on having additional tiers for the reward program since a lot of the mods in the current roster make considerable contributions (RIKA comes to mind) but cannot qualify for the current iteration of the mod reward program because of other unmet requirements, particularly the time requirements. The proposal in its current form is all-or-nothing. We want to appreciate all the helpful contributions the mods bring.

3. Here are the tasks we ask mods for help with:

• Moderating channels, especially non-English ones
  • Translations
  • Gathering community sentiments
  • Information dissemination
  • Informing CMs of important events within and outside the community
  • Town Hall summaries (though this is more of a terra thing)

We deeply appreciate the mods’ help for all of these tasks since these are the gaps in our operation that the CM team cannot fill at the moment, but as @FluffyUnicorn pointed out in an earlier reply, aside from the tasks I’ve mentioned, there is little the CMs can turn to mods over when it comes to tasks because of the sensitive and dynamic nature of the work.

I believe that these tasks are worth rewarding. However, in the end, It is up to the DAO whether they believe it is worth rewarding, and if the reward stated in this proposal matches the demand of the tasks.

1. As for the task overlaps between CMs and mods, the CM team is adequately staffed to do these tasks but mod efforts are still appreciated. Moreover, we cannot fully decommission the CM team from these overlapping tasks because there are processes and info only the CM team are privy to.

While I have guided the mods on what’s expected of them with their service, the level of training they have received is what’s expected of mods, not the CM team. The quality of work demanded from the CMs is leaps and bounds beyond what’s required of the mods. If the mods are to be raised to the CMs’ level when it comes to aptitude, it would require time and effort from both the CMs and the mods. Adding this task to the CM team’s operations makes it slightly inefficient. Though this is not a hurdle that cannot be surpassed, I want everyone to manage their expectations on this. I also just want to emphasize again that the CM team as it is can do this already.

1. Addressing @KeizerMc suggestions:
  • Content creation and advertisements - The best people to address this point are @JollyUnicornLG , SpicyUnicorn, and @WittyUnicorn since they are the ones in charge of content creation. As I’ve mentioned in the previous point, we uphold a certain standard in our output, and Jolly, Spicy, and Witty already satisfy this need. While we wouldn’t mind mods’ contributions to this, I’d like to point out what I said again that their outputs have to meet our standards and this adds another not entirely needed step for the CM team, which makes our operation less efficient.

• Event winners collation - We cannot turn this over because of the potential for abuse. This is almost non-negotiable.

• Event implementation - Same as the last point.

• Event planning - We appreciate the input on what events we can launch in the future but as for more direct participation in the planning, we cannot give the mods an unfair advantage over players by having them know the specifics of an event ahead of others. Mods are still players and we wouldn’t fault them for acting according to what benefits them the most.

• Announcements - There are instances where we have to make announcements on the fly and turning this over to mods adds an unnecessary and inefficient step when time is of the essence. There are also announcements that we make ahead of time that contain info that’s still under embargo. We cannot ascertain that this info won’t leak even if they’ve signed an NDA. Also, my previous point on mods being players also.

• Zendesk tickets - this is for the CS team but we’ve also discussed this with them already and the case is the same for them. There is even more sensitive info on the tickets that we cannot give access to people outside of LG and the CS team is already adequately staffed. There are also limited seats on Zendesk. The task of the CS team is to diagnose the provided issue, and guide players on what actions they can take to resolve the issue, or if needed solve the problem based on the permissions given to them.

All of the tickets that have been open for quite a while have already been escalated to the devs, meaning that the CS team is not already in charge of it. The reason why some tickets take some time to get resolved is the devs are still looking for a fix for that issue. The CS team’s responsibility at this point is to update the player on the status of their ticket and to ask for updates from the devs on the case.

Again, I want to thank everyone for pitching into this discussion and the mods for volunteering their time and effort in the community. I strongly believe that there’s a need to amend the rewards for the mod reward program though ultimately it is up to the DAO to decide on the rewards. I also agree with separating the mod reward program from the bug bounty reward so that the community can judge these programs on their own without being tied to a separate program that they may not agree with.

1 Like

At first I thought I shouldn’t have commented or debated much about this topic. Because I am among the people who benefit from this. And more or less I will definitely be biased.

So this is what I would like to convey as all of us here who have created this comu. Whether it’s someone who has just entered or someone who has been together along the way.

I originally came to work as a mod. Because the only purpose is to reduce the language barrier and try to be an intermediary for my local community because I feel good about doing it. But, of course, after changing to mods, there are other obligations that we have agreed upon, which of course I still do those things with pleasure.

I am pleased to see many of you trying to organize. and made things clearer But I would say that it is quite difficult to clearly define those qualities as mandatory for the individual. cause each person can provide different things.
So I want to let everyone see what I can provide to show more behind the scenes work.
These are some example of ama summary and translation work (before I switched to live translation in local chat).

This is a How to Vote that I made to explain. Since many people in Commu are new to voting, Gov.(sorry for low res FHD Gif is too big) :sweat_smile:
317868172_681539030014556_1075747881398547184_n

Of course, each mod can provide different things. Whether it’s time, ideas, knowledge or the ability to deal with other people’s emotions , but over the years I’ve seen that my colleagues have always given what they could.

Hope these are more useful information for the tuning that we are all discussing. Please consider suitability with the information and experience you have Thank you. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m sorry that that’s how the discussion came across to you. I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that we are implying that the mods are useless. Us admins and the rest of LG have always made great and continuous efforts to acknowledge the help you guys give us. Fluffy, Nanessa, and I just said that the CM team is adequately staffed to address the current demands and is already anticipating and planning for future demands. We appreciate your forward-thinking on this. Lastly, I’m with you and the mods when it comes to receiving the rewards you deserve for your contributions. Hope this clears things up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey, Mama thank you for clarification. :face_in_clouds:

Hey Sky. I apologize as well to the all the Guardians and Keepers who were hurt with my responses.

CM is the first witness to how much the mods have greatly helped the community, especially in the past when there weren’t a lot of CMs around.

It’s still fresh in my mind how you guys tirelessly help us prelaunch when bots were attacking the server by the thousands per second. And even now, despite the small rewards still try your best to give time in helping the community with questions. How irreplaceable the international language mods are. Just like how mods were also able to cover the areas and needs that CM could not.

I’m in agreement with @KeizerMc and @Illest that there will be a need in the future for the growth phase. Mods can preemptively fill in that role once it’s needed.

I also agree with Illest that there are things that CMs cannot cover. Mods, as players, bring raw and genuine insights on the project. This would be amazing as value-adding project.

Keizer’s suggestions here would also be greatly appreciated by the team.

The funding for this would come from the EF, and not from LG. Therefore comparing CMs and mods isn’t correct.What the DAO decides with the EF fund is up to the DAO. I personally would say that these mods are stellar and investing in the long term growth of the project would be a good decision. Given that it’s the CM team that would oversee the MRP, we are only helping outline the execution of this program. We are open to collaborating how this will be executed that would benefit all parties, mods, LG, and ultimately, the community.

3 Likes

Sorry, I use my own money to Invest in this game too.

we work since Mint egg, Land without reward for that. And I Don’t mind and Right now I still do the same

Thx for your Sentiment now I know what your mindset is. Good luck

2 Likes

Fluffy. First of all, no need to apologize you did nothing wrong here. Since the market situation is on the bear run people are touchy and feely including me.

So, who should they work for free? Should mod bow down and be grateful for what the received? Are consider yourself a member of the community or this is just 9-5 work?

Are you part of LG or part of the council? Please tell me what is your thought of the Founder’s reward back then. Do I need to thank you for the reward that I got from contributing to the community?

Edit : For my misunderstanding for TheGenji position

2 Likes

Hello, @everyone!
Thank you very much for all the discussions so far. I would like to provide an update on how we will move forward with the proposal.

The two criteria a proposal needs to meet to move to the governance council review phase are:
-proposal needs to be active for at least 5 days before review
-proposal has a mostly positive reception

A temperature check is to be conducted when both are not met.

Due to the discussions today, a temperature check will be conducted on the CUIP-003 Amendments proposal. The temperature check will be used to determine the following:

• Tier 1 reward value
  • Whether to add a tier 2 or not
  • Tier 2 reward value

In addition, the Bug Bounty and the Mod Reward Program will also be split into two proposals to improve clarity on the scope of what’s being voted on. The Bug Bounty Program Amendments may be found here: Reward Amendments to CUIP-003 (Bug Bounty)

A temperature check is considered to be successful if we receive 10% sRBW participation with the sRBW Snapshot taken November 30, 17:30 UTC. The temperature check will be open for five (5) days and will close on December 5, 17:30 UTC.

The temperature check will be done via KryptoSign via these two links:

Kindly vote as this will help us collectively determine what revisions should be made on the proposal. :handshake:

5 Likes