Reward Amendments to CUIP-003 (Mod Program)

Dear @lgManicUnicorn,

As discussed with the other councils, please include the following benefits for the Moderators & Guardians.

Why?

• The current model looks like an all or nothing concept. if our goal is to really encourage the moderators/Guardians there should be another tier to support this. I am using the last structure for this.
  • If you read the responses of the moderators above, you can already see that the last program only caters the few. we should have something that includes the minority and encourage them on the process. I believe this value is a good way to encourage them.

As discussed will wait for your design team.

For the community. do you want this amendment to be added?

• Yes, please include the additional Tier.
  • No, do not include the additional Tier.

0 voters

Thank you!

2 Likes

@blackfield and anyone else who might want to know:

To clarify on what @terrarekt said, this is an Ecosystem Fund grant proposal. The Ecosystem Fund exists to support growth and development projects. Any contributor/developer who wishes to seek budget to support any idea they may have (for the good of all cornkind) may write an Ecosystem Fund grant for themselves. This then will go through the governance process and is subject to the DAO’s approval. (Examples of external developers coming forward with EF proposals are Gamelabs and Merkle Root).

Ecosystem Fund is the 100,000,000 RBW (10%) from the total RBW supply.

4 Likes

suggest changing Time availability and Day Availability from 30 Hours per week to 84 Hours ~ 120 Hours per month for flexibility for a minimum and 3 of 5 days per week Minimum and Reward for Tier 1 can be 500$

5 Likes

Adding more on this for Tier 1 it should be between 400-500 to make it sustainable. Making it 1/4 of Tier 2 will be not fair for those who will not able to make it Tier 2.

3 Likes

hey @KeizerMc im 100% in support of having a tier 1 for some guardians and keepers that still have iri engagement, But i still think including Additional community related project should still be included and reward should also be close or half the reward for tier 2. 450-500 USD is a fair reward with the inclusion of Addiotional community Related projects.

5 Likes

may I know who is design team? thanks

1 Like

I apologize for haphazardly updating the proposal.

Note that additional tier was added to the original proposal on the basis that Keizer’s proposed reward is 250 USD. This value was then forwarded to the design team and was then confirmed to be okay in terms RBW unlock schedule. The LG Design Team is in-charge of in-game economy and the RBW tokenomics. Since further discussions are still happening, I shall revert the proposal to its original version where we propose only to have one tier for simplicity’s sake and by virtue of the fact that barely anybody ever qualified for lower tier reward. Kindly continue the discussion for now.

5 Likes

Super interesting discussion that I’m sad to say I don’t have the time to fully immerse myself in. But still, I want to toss my 2UNIM into the discussion to point out a few things I think are worth pondering.

1. Why is the mod position NOT an employment? From what I can tell the description pretty much asks for near-full time employment.

2. I wholeheartedly agree with blackfield that payment should be regionalized. As I’m of the opinion it should be considered a full time employment, it should also comply with local laws and regulations. Web3 got plenty of things going for it, but we should always strive to follow the law. The space does not need more backlash from crypto bros being irresponsible and ignoring human rights. Pensions, insurance, safety and a proper desk, chair and pc to execute said work with are all basic needs of this position. So is the fact that 1k USD would be an illegaly small amount to pay someone who would have to work according to the outlined terms where I live. And as already pointed out, in other countries it’s a fortune.

3. why is this even something we vote for? It should be a position paid for and employed by LG. We don’t have a say in their dev team, why should we have a say in who the mods are?

Mods are considered as volunteers and we are contributing to the space. We are in no way employed but seen as a community member who contributes to the project.

Again, we are not operating within a web2 environment and all mods comes from across the globe. Web3 contributors rewards do not discriminate nor set a particular distinction from where a person comes from and from what background, that is the best thing about Web3 and its practice by all Web3 projects out there.

All this is not an employment salary but a contributor rewards. With a set of criteria for mods to achieve in order to receive a reward.

There is already an existing proposal. This is a revision for a new one. CUIP-003 - Ecosystem Grant - Community Engagement & Rewards [Pass]

2 Likes
  1. If you’re talking about employment with the Laguna Games team, in terms of community-related activities, the Laguna Games community management team manpower is enough to meet the demands of the team and project. With this, we have no actual need for full-time mod positions. However, this doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate those who help out. We truly appreciate the additional perspective that our mod team contribute. Which bring us to item number 2…

2. This is not a compensation program but a reward program for the volunteer activities the moderators take part in on Discord. We appreciate every contributor and would want to show that we appreciate them.

3. As mentioned above, there is no actual manpower need for this position. This does not mean that good deed should go unrewarded. Since the Ecosystem Fund seeks to reward contributors, then the scope of the mods’ activities fall under the EFund and since the EFund is controlled by the DAO, the reward system needs to be put forward in front of the DAO. We expect also that their contribution wills be vital as we enter growth phase.

Edited: Clarification on how EFund works

4 Likes

I 100% agree with you on that - thank you for bringing it up - however, as others already stated, I would set the Tier 1 a bit higher, make it 40-50% of the requirements/pay.
4 Hours/ 4 Days / 500 USD would be a fair bet I guess.
Or if you make it 400$, go for 3(4) hours/ 4(3) days/ 400USD.
And simply include all the same requirements for the rest.

4 Likes

Hi Mods, Guardians and Everyone,

really appreciate your feedbacks and comments on this matter. I understand that there are certain requirements that we all want and it has been considered. I also think its best that for now lets go for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 idea rather than just the Tier 1 and if the sentiment is really that hard then we can re-update the proposal.

I think it’s just really important that we can have 2 Tiers so that we can have something more attainable.

Please vote on this poll as we are watching this poll: because if you do not vote for it. we will keep the same Proposal as above which means it’s your answer.

Please comment and provide feedback to this. really important that we can put this forward so that we can have it discussed by tomorrow.

Thank you!

Agree with this. Many are looking at this through a typical lense of a ‘job’ & expecting appropriate ‘pay’. Game moderation isin’t a job & is completely voluntary, to be taken up with people that play/love the game & also have some spare time on their hands. As a person having moderated different games over the course of a decade, I would say compensation given here is more than fair. You still want to attract players that play/love the game & not job hunters.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I agree on the 1000 USD and Keizer’s proposal about adding a lower Tier for those mods that don’t have full time but still want to help the community, since time and effort are both important to everyone and we need them to get paid – But the 250USD is still negotiable and can maybe go higher depending on the tasks/time required.

Based on my observation regarding the Discord community and what I read from above, a lot of Mods have already resigned because of workload or other issues. I think to avoid some miscommunication, we need to see the specific job description, not the generic info we can see in the table above since most of us in the community can only comment on what we can see on the Discord, not on the backend part of the team. This may persuade the community to engage/approve this proposal and help incentivize the efforts from the Mods since they’ve been doing great managing the Discord ever since :blush:

3 Likes

Hi, Shikam!
Here’s a list of tasks that CMs and mods do in the current iteration of CUIP-03. CMs are beholdened to address all of these tasks given that we are employees of LG, and thus it is important that we cover all grounds on a 24/7 basis. The mods are helpful in providing translations to languages we don’t support and for extra manpower. However, if the DAO wishes to make the most out of the reward, perhaps we need to remove the overlaps and address only areas that really need attention.

1 Like

Hi @FluffyUnicorn,

Here is my take on this situation. I’m looking at this only at best of my knowledge. please do correct me for any of this details.

some of the workload needs to be handled still by CM team or at least have the knowledge of what is so that they can provide the information to the mods.
The moderators usually have their own channel where they can plan ahead for these things or discuss. its much easier for them to communicate all these matters with CM teams and LG team etc.

Here is my proposed Idea based on that image you’ve given above. in my View
CM Team = should focus on the events. and the marketing and rainbow side of things.
Moderators = should focus more on moderating. usually things that happens on discord.

CM team can still overseer what is going on with discord and what are the mods doing and can still play and join with the members of course its just that moderating discord

For that tho I would recommend that you have a 2 System Tier with at least 400 USD for Tier 1 and 1000 USD for Tier 2. The hours should be in a way that would cover the platform 24/7. I think Axie had this type of schedule where by when one “angel” leaves another one comes up. and they are different from the “CM Team” which usually are more focused on the event side of things, back end and marketing. I think the minimum was 4 hours per day with the 24 hours split in to those moderators.

Again i’m speaking out of my butt here. these are things that i remember here and there plus my experience in managing discords and other etc before.

CM team can actually even assign the Forum moderation to the moderators with limited control as an “extra activity” .

but all in all, the JD’s provided above a CM has to know them all but not necessarily they should do the ones that the moderators are doing already.

it doesn’t make any sense that its a priorty of a CM team to ban scammers and watch the discord everyday for these things for example. you have a moderator that should handle these things.

I would like to share more experiences but i don’t have much time atm . I would like to see the community feedback about this.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest 1k seems a bit much to me. Especially if this 1k is in USD, the thing is while I understand the desire to reward our dutiful volunteers… When we think about 1k USD in RBW, we have to realize that is basically 20k RBW per month. That is HUGE when you take into account past prices, at ATH that would be over 60k USD per month.
And also you have to factor in that volunteers already got heavily rewarded in the early stages of the game.

The fact of the matter is we are VERY down from ATH, and thus we should also take that into consideration. What I feel we should be doing instead is denominating in RBW and looking at how far RBW can get them in game, essentially allowing our mods to play the game for free for their services.

Example (prices are an example but some thought has gone into these however.).
T1 2k RBW
T2 4.5k RBW

This is enough to buy multiple boosters, level up a few farms. Breed some babies, essentially this lets them continue to invest in the CU ecosystem without worry and needing to inject less/no funds.

Now where we in my honest opinion REALLY need to increase the reward:
The bug bounty program. 2.5k USD is laughably low for a high significance issue. If it is a T1 bug bounty I am assuming that this is something that exploitation could bring about 50k+ USD in profit to the exploiter OR cause significant downtime/damage to the reputation of LG. In that case we need something more than 2.5k $ as an incentive. T1 should be VERY VERY hard to get and should easily reward 10k USD as an incentive. Also bug bounty rewards need to be retroactive.

And I also would like to point out the fact the bug bounty program and the mod reward program should not be in the same proposal, these are 2 very different utilizations of funding. One rewards essential members of the community, the other is there to safeguard the ecosystem LG and the community has built together.

4 Likes

What about other partners who are receving RBW, it is a reward for contributors, we aren’t here just to boost our gaming journey, we are here to help contribute and build with the project & community.

Where is the symphathy or empathy then when mods are getting 450-500RBW for the past few months?

This is absurd.

Well, good luck with the contributor space if we all have this kind of mindset.

I’m going add this and since this is a forum discussion, and being viewed as serious. This is way too selfish. To even think that 13 mods who contribute to the project get such a backlash. I’ll be the first to voice this as I’ve witness their effort being put in for someone who’s getting just USD25 if you want to put that in value for the pass few months since ATH.

Thank you for the feedback. We are also trying to reconsider this, but let me see what can be done.