Wallet Suspension Appeal: Blazz

Abstract:

This proposal seeks to appeal the suspension of my wallet address, stemming from the unintended consequence of a bug in Rainbow Rumble that resulted in the duplication of $RBW deposits into Unicorn Party. Unaware of this bug, I unintentionally engaged in what appeared to be opportunistic behavior, leading to the suspension. The proposal provides a comprehensive account of events, accompanied by evidence refuting the stated reason for the suspension.

Introduction:

I am writing this appeal in response to the suspension of my account. I firmly believe this suspension was unjust, and I am eager to present my case for your reconsideration.

User Identifier:

• Discord username: bullishblazz
  • Forum username: Blazz
  • Wallet address: 0x11bA7f51F72Bcf578EbE8eaf6f4Bdf75a8f5d9e6
  • Date of Suspension: February 5, 2024

Reason For Suspension:

The reason provided for my suspension is: “You have been banned without warning due to the act of stashing-out from Unicorn Party when no stash-ins were made.”

Summary of Appeal:

I am appealing the suspension on the grounds of wrongful accusations. I am confident that the evidence and account of events presented in this proposal will shed light on the misunderstanding, and I request the DAO’s careful consideration to reinstate my account.

Details:

Account of Events:

I have been banned without warning due to the act of stashing-out from Unicorn Party when no stash-ins were made. This action was a result of a bug in the game Rainbow Rumble, where deposits of $RBW into Rainbow Rumble were duplicated into Unicorn Party without my knowledge.

I made several deposits into Rainbow Rumble totaling 810 $RBW over about a month period from December 7, 2023, to January 10, 2024.

On January 18, 2024, I explored Unicorn Party for the first time in an attempt to play Mob Run and Bumbercorns. I noticed that I had a balance of Party Stamps that could be exchanged for $RBW.

After several failed attempts to join a game of Mob Run or Bumbercorns, due to being unable to find an opponent to complete matchmaking, I decided to exchange the Party Stamps for $RBW to use in Land Gameplay. While this behavior was seen as either malicious or opportunistic, I insist that it was entirely innocent. For these actions to be considered malicious or opportunistic, I would have had to be aware of the bug/exploit.

While I knew that I hadn’t made any stash-ins to Unicorn Party myself, I never suspected that the Party Stamps were there in error. Being relatively new to the Crypto Unicorns ecosystem, this was my first time exploring the Unicorn Party games. I remember wondering how long the Party Stamps had been there and where they may have come from. I never connected that the total balance of Party Stamps in my account was the same as the total of my Rainbow Rumble stash-ins made during the past month or so.

Instead, I assumed that the Party Stamps were possibly some sort of promotion or bonus given to players to encourage participation, especially since an announcement had just been made in Discord earlier that day about new rooms for Mob Run and Bumpercorns.

Another possibility I considered as an explanation for the Party Stamps was that they were somehow tied to my Unicorn Trivia balance, as I had been playing it a lot and earned a similar amount of $RBW from playing. Although these assumptions might seem odd, I was unaware of the bug/exploit and never once suspected that the Party Stamps were not supposed to be there.

I believe if the amount of Party Stamps had been much larger, I would have been skeptical about them being there. However, since the amount was relatively immaterial (810 $RBW worth), it seemed realistic that the Party Stamps were somehow earned or awarded to me. Not once did I suspect that the Party Stamps were there in error, or that stashing them out to $RBW was unethical. Nor did I ever correlate the amount of Party Stamps in my account with the total of my Rainbow Rumble Stash-Ins.

When looking at the data regarding the dates and amounts of $RBW stashed-in to Rainbow Rumble, as well as when I stashed-out Party Stamps for Unicorn Party, it is obvious that I was unaware of the bug/exploit, and my stash-ins were legitimate deposits used to fairly play Rainbow Rumble to compete for the leaderboard.

If I had poor intentions and was exhibiting malicious or opportunistic behavior, it would make sense that my deposits would have been much larger amounts, and you would see several withdrawals made to take advantage of the exploit. Instead, only one withdrawal was made (810 $RBW), and this was six weeks after the bug/exploit first occurred, with no additional stash-ins made since then.

Evidence:

The frustrating part about appealing my suspension is that intentions are difficult to prove. However, I believe the transaction records used by the team to justify my ban, can actually be used as evidence to help defend my innocence. As you can see from the attached screenshot, my wallet address was 1 of the 5 accounts that were banned without warning due to “extracting” RBW. Notice that the amount “extracted” by my address (810 RBW) was significantly lower than any of the other banned wallets.

Next, you can see the dates and amounts of my Rainbow Rumble Stash-Ins. Spanning a little over a month period, (from 12/7/23 to 1/10/24) I made 8 Stash-Ins for Rainbow Rumble totaling 810 RBW. Every Stash-In was a multiple of 30 (the amount needed to play a match of Rainbow Rumble). Also, the majority of these Stash-Ins were very small (just enough to play a couple times) with my largest Stash-In being 330 RBW.

The transaction hash provided by the team shows when I Stashed-Out 810 RBW from Unicorn Party on 1/18/24. Notice that this was about 6 weeks after my first Rainbow Rumble Stash-In, when the bug/exploit first occurred. Also, notice that no additional Stash-Ins were made to Rainbow Rumble after my discovery of the Party Stamps balance.

The timeline of these events demonstrates that I was never aware of the bug/exploit that was causing Party Stamps to appear in Unicorn Party after Stash-Ins from Rainbow Rumble were made. Had I been aware of the bug/exploit and was guilty of abusing it to “print” or “extract” currency from the game, it would make sense to see Rainbow Rumble Stash-Ins of much larger amounts as well as multiple attempts to Stash-Out those large amounts of Party Stamps.

Rectification Efforts:

I am committed to rectifying any unintentional consequences of my actions. If there are specific actions I can take, such as returning the mistakenly acquired $RBW, I am more than willing to cooperate and rectify the situation to the best of my ability.

Future Efforts:

To ensure compliance with the DAO’s rules in the future, I will be more skeptical/cautious about in-game balances, promptly report any discrepancies noticed, and take proactive measures to prevent similar issues from arising.

Personal Statement:

While I do understand the need to have protocols like this in place to quickly stop the abuse of malicious players, I find it frustrating and extremely concerning to find myself in this situation. In my opinion, after the initial ban, the team should have easily been able to look at my record of transactions and determine that I was never aware of the bug, and that an innocent mistake had been made. We could have come up with a solution to rectify the situation and been back to normal. Instead, this has not only taken up much of my time, but also prevented me from claiming my earned leaderboard rewards for both Rainbow Rumble and Collections. Not to mention, the possible loss of my Crypto Unicorn assets if this ban decision is not reversed. I worry about the security of other user’s assets and the possibility of incorrect bans being made in the future under this policy.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I urge the DAO to reconsider my suspension in light of the evidence presented. I was unaware of the bug that led to the duplication of deposits, and my actions were innocent and driven by a genuine misunderstanding. I have taken steps to rectify the situation and am committed to ensuring that such incidents do not occur in the future. I kindly request the DAO’s understanding and ask for the reinstatement of my wallet address. Thank you for your time and consideration.

1 Like

Looks innocent to me if the only wallet connected to him extracted a whopping 810 rbw lol. Prob not an amount we should be perma banning assets over. If LG confirms that is Blazz’s only wallet that printed any rbw then it has my vote to go to snapshot.

On another note, if multiple people are stumbling upon these issues then UP/surf labs is obviously doing a pretty piss poor job at QAing their products. If blatant bugs like this keep happening then its a surefire way to scare any actual CU players away from even wanting to touch UP games for fear of accidentally getting themselves banned

3 Likes

A response by LG would be appreciated here by the DAO to ascertain exact facts & the reason for their decision made that this was by malafide intentions & not by mistake as claimed. Until then we only have authors word. Due to a past proposal of the exact nature, leaving out critical information about the number of accounts used & actual amount attempted to be withdrawn, I am skeptical this time to go only on authors word.

Some questions to LG would be:

1. Is the mentioned account the only account used in the exploit? Were there more connected accounts that attempted but were caught before withdrawal?
  2. Is this wallet connected to the other banned person?
  3. Reason why LG believes this was intentional exploit & not a mistake as author claims ?
  4. Wallet address of the author?
1 Like

I would stress the fact that we don’t know in Web 3 who is who. This could just be an alt account of the same person I agree. There was obviously a reason this wallet was included and I think LG would have to chime in on the reasons.

I would like to see any other evidence LG has in this case. If there is nothing. I don’t think this wallet deserves a ban. We may need to figure out a compensation for bans like this. They cause material damage and undue stress and suffering. With that said. Will wait for LG to post further evidence.

2 Likes
  1. For now this is the only account, as far as I know.
  2. No, it doesn’t seem like it.
  3. It’s not a case of what LG believes. It’s a case of what the Ban Policy Implementation contains. The DAO has the ability to provide a pardon if they believe it is justified though - hence the appeal process.
  4. They posted it in their proposal.
2 Likes

Then on that note… this should go to DAO vote for a pardon. IMO

3 Likes

I strongly urge the DAO to fully consider and accept @Blazz explanation of events.

I myself was ALMOST swept up in this ban wave. In the below image, the wallet directly below OP (7E52) is mine.

I fell victim to the same issue as OP, I happened to use the feature, during a period of time that an exploit was happening unbeknownst to myself.

Personally, when I stashed out the 150 RBW, I assumed it was there from my previous frolics with the different IPs, and the though of something malicious happening never even crossed my mind. I 100% believe @Blazz when he explains falling into this same situation.

2 Likes

For what its worth, for any large holder in the community, this will be darn near impossible to do, and we SHOULD NOT set this expectation.

This is LG’s fault, not ours. Your being punished unfairly.

I couldnt agree more, and when I saw my wallet on the warning list, I had a VERY heated discussion within a ticket about how wrong it was. Your a victim here, and i’m sorry your having to take these extra steps to correct and LG mistake!

1 Like

can we not waste energy and brain cells on this and just unban the guy, thanks

5 Likes

I agree with @ForsakeN questions and would like to hear them answered by @Blazz.

Aside from that, everything about this seems entirely believable, and I will happily send this to snapshot to vote to unban the assets provided new information does not come out to the contrary.

On a personal note, this sucks! Sorry you had to go through this entire process for something that seems incredibly innocent and something I would have absolutely done myself without even thinking twice about.

1 Like

Yep I fully agree. Anyone that played any of the third party games could of been swept up in this. Even if you knew your in game balances and thought it looked off or oh I claimed this. 50% of Txs these days fail on polygon. Would be very reasonable to think oh my tx failed. I will try again. But when you start putting in x and taking out 2x and repeating. That shows intent. I see no intent here. Just player caught up in bad code.

2 Likes

I’d like to clarify that the Ban Policy, as with all other proposals, is being implemented to the letter. The investigation for this took place at the same time as RiseB’s case. Investigations look at “what is”. Whether there is intent or not behind the action is not measured by the investigation, unfortunately.

In measuring actual intent, the appeal process allows for the judgment of the members of the DAO. This panel, through discussion, can determine if there is actual intent and perhaps provide pardon despite the intent, if necessary.

I actually think this is a good case in point of how collective judgment works seeing how different the reactions are for the two suspension appeal proposals based on how the authors presented their respective cases.

A cursory glance at the wallet show user has no CU assets anymore, so what is this all about anymore ? Some ingame mats ?

This seems unintentional to me and I don’t think it deserves a ban. It could happen to anyone. Let’s send it to the DAO for a vote.

1 Like

Very hard to know who did it on purpose and who didn’t to be honest.
The amount seems to prove that it was just a normal behavior of playing the game and wanting to unstash as one shot time.

If this account has ZERO relation to any other banned acounts while being investigated, I guess this is a false positive ban caught in the wave and should probably be free after giving back what was incorrectly given.

1 Like

My CU assets are hidden on my OpenSea account. I’m assuming that is where you are looking? But I do have 21 corns and 8 lands that are locked and frozen in-game, as well as small amounts of UNIM and RBW stashed in game.

Those questions have already been answered by a moderator, but I’m happy to chime in as well. My wallet address is listed above under the “User Identifier” section. This address is my only CU account and in no way affiliated with any other users.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping add clarity by answering questions. Lg was doing its job protecting the DAO. Sorry you got mixed up in this. Hopefully we can bring this to a DAO vote soon and get your wallet back to normal. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

I trust your rationality. Sorry, you had to go through this. I will vote for unbanning of your account.

1 Like