Monopoly Crypto: Unicorn Land Edition game proposal

Thanks for sharing the idea. The timing is not appropriate for this proposal. I would suggest that your team find appropriate funding sources and pursue that outside of the DAO and then come back potentially for opportunities to share once a solid working alpha is available to demonstrate.

I will be a no for a vote to proceed.

Voting no as well. Fool us one once shame on you, fool us twice shame on us. We’ve already given away too much money to games that haven’t worked out that promised to bring in new people. i think monopoly could be fun, but not enough to throw any kind of money in hopes for it. If you built the game out and the community tested and thought it was fun, then maybe a vote to give out some money to polish/develop it might be warranted, but another potential failed game + all the money going into it + plus marketing of another failed game looks terrible for CU as a brand.

i see this as more of a “other people got a ton of money for building something that didn’t work, lets see if we can get that money too”.

I think we should have risk/reward for any community games going forward, where the game is built, and if its good enough and community enjoys it, then we pay for more, otherwise we will get burned again.

at this point Brand management is something we need to take very serious if we are to grow, and more failed games that people can point to when onboarding is not the way.

Hi TheTruth,
This is understandable since previously DAO funded unprofessionals without crypto background, but there is no need to translate past experience of failed games onto something that really can bring people. Appreciate feedback

The proposal looks well thought out and put together but its gonna be a no for me. I have a lot tied into CU and I need to make sure the core game/team can get us to the finish line.

1 Like

Really like this proposal. would support it if there were any other better conditions.

its unfortunate. im sure in the future we can raise this proposal again and discuss for approval.

No for now… open in future discussions.

1 Like

an interesting idea, but unfortunately i think this amount of funding is going to be hard to swing.

What we need is integrated games to core game and no more alt game not bringing any players where we need them.

This need to stop and we need to stop funding this.

If you can build a Monopoly loop within core game, just like jousting, where it would makes sense for people to own unicorns and have use cases then yes, else no sorry.

The main goal is to create easy onboarding without the need to buy unicorns, lands, etc. It could be integrated later in more advanced mode. No problem, glad to hear your opinion.

I appreciate the time and effort put into this proposal. Given the state of the Treasury I just don’t think we have room to fund this until the market comes back.

1 Like

Hello, folks!
Wanted to share as an FYI that as per the Crypto Unicorns DAO Charter approved Feb 6, 2024, only 10% of the total ask can be disbursed prior to the final delivery of the product. In this case, since the ask is 175,000, 17,500 can be disbursed upfront and can be divided over the 5 months indicated above with the rest being disbursed upon confirming product delivery.

Hello, everyone.
The review for this proposal has ended and yielded the following the result:

Yes: 0
No: 11

Because of this, this proposal will not be moving to Snapshot for the time being.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.