DAO Operations - Governance Council Installation

Of course need Dao, because it is the first initial and idea of uce cryptocurrence for each!

1 Like

I love this proposal !
It is fair and refreshing. I am so proud, looking forward to everything you guys have in the works and can’t wait to see this council form and flourish. Thank you for always looking out Team ! Best.

3 Likes

The one regarding GameLabs can be found here!

1 Like

I hope there will be representatives from each local Discord chats with different nationalities. So all the candidates will be of different PoV’s.

4 Likes

Understood now everything in my end is clear thank you.

just a side note tho. some of the future canditates may need to spend their time on these meetings and I would encourage the team to consider providing them with monthly rewards while they are on their term. like other projects [Illuvium] they have a governnance and the “Councils” are provided with a certain amount of tokens to ensure that their councils will perform to expertise. this is also a form of encouragement since they will be there helping the community within 6 months.

I personally wouldn’t mind If I run for council as this is only on my free time, but if we are going to take certain professionals or experts on their degree. thier time should atleast be well renumerated with a fair value. this way certain experts who are on their field will be more encouraged to provide their services or even push them to go run for council and we dont just attract the ones who “would like to do this for a badge”. While at the end of the day. the community can select to the top 20 that will be for selection on the seats. We also need to ensure that the people who are running will be a wide band of experts. bad guys will run regardless of the amount you will be giving them. the good guys always have a measure of level for them to run for council.

I humbly like your team to consider this opinion.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Totally hear you. Not to worry! This is something we can revisit if and when the Governance Council responsibilities expand. For now, these are the only expectations:

• You will attend a twice monthly review of draft proposals.
  • You will publish your position and recommendations upon rejecting a draft proposal which will get compiled into a report for the community.

As you have cited Illuvium, then you’re also aware that their Governance Council have more responsibilities compared to what we’re initially proposing the CU Governance Council will be expected to do. The other Governance-related functions will remain within the Laguna Games Team during this early stage. Patience, my friend. This is a multi-year development. ^^

As for the availability you mentioned, I’d like to reassure you that while the community can nominate a person, it’ll still be up to the individual to decide whether to run for the position or not - even if they make it to the top 20! The top 20 nominees will be given time to withdraw their candidacy before we put it to a vote on Snapshot so anyone who may be unable to serve for any reason will not be forced to. It’ll be to the benefit of the community to allow only those who are really willing to serve be be elected! ^^

4 Likes

i like the idea… gonna support this

Awesome, I’m just looking at that 6 month period.

6 months is a lot of time and a lot can change so to really project it forward I have to say it. its important that the rules are flexible and it is open for revision.

thank you! .

1 Like

Anybody going to nominate Terrarekt for Council when we pass this proposal. If not it will be my pleasure to nominate them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Most likely nomination stage will start after DAO accepts this proposal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to nominate enillyddjens aka Invoko on discord.

3 Likes
Summary

This text will be hidden

好主意
同意這個提案
讓遊戲和社群走的更長久
GOGOGO

We should nominate you as well. You have been super helpful to me and always a good vibe to everyone in the chat!

4 Likes

I think it’s a little too early. The game needs to establish itself and be on a growth path and till then the team needs to lead from the front. We are still having bugs, locked assets on OS, economic problems, barier to entry problems, bear market conditions, etc. and the game is yet to even takeoff.

@nhoohin your time will arive soon mate.
im pretty sure ThaiCommu will support on u if u want to step up to this. :wink:

1 Like

Already excited for this.

The new ammendments looks great!. lets push this forward!

1 Like

The Motion of No Confidence is greatly appreciated. Thanks Team for looking out and hearing community suggestions. I am so excited to see this through and trust that this is only another stepping stone to the greater success of CU.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone. We’ll be moving this to Snapshot after June 13, 16:00 UTC. Meanwhile, let’s keep the discussion open to see where everyone stands.

2 Likes

The combination of term limit and no confidence vote make this work for me. I’m still concerned that LG might be pulling back too quickly, but I assume they will be actively involved during each step of the transition. It might be a good idea to reiterate what role LG will continue to play at each step - starting with this one.

Hey Wikdst!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I understand your concerns. I’d like to assure you that we’re not pulling back completely! We’ll continue developing the game and facilitating all governance-related activities. We’ll be posting a Governance Phase 1.5 blog post very soon outlining where we are in building our governance system. This is a multi-year step so you’ll still be seeing us facilitate these things a bit longer! ^^ We do believe that it’s our duty to guide the Unifam forward in the early days, so rest assured that we will not preemptively surrender control before the community declares its readiness.

For now, forum moderation and queueing on Snapshot will stay within the LG team. We’ll also be the ones to facilitate the elections, temperature checks and the voting process. We do, however, acknowledge the need for better community representation and such, would want the Governance Council to help us better understand the community sentiments by approving / filtering which draft proposals go to Snapshot. Over time, our involvement and the Governance Council’s involvement may change but that’s a topic for another day. There’s no real formula to doing this right so we’d like to work with the community to find a governance system that works for our unique needs.

5 Likes