DAO Operations - Governance Council Installation

For the first 6 months, I would suggest dividing up the count first. As we are still in the development stage, why not have devs be part of this team. We still have an MVP on our hands. Why not allot atleast 20-30% of the seat to the laguna games team so they can provide insight with the council how each proposal would affect their development of the game. Why 20-30% of the seat only, in order not to have the influence of votes. Then the rest would come from the community. Also before selecting nominees, we should ask first those who want to come forward and tell the community a bit more about themselves, before the nominations/voting of council members. Then we can decide to narrow it down to 20 then vote for the 8/9 seats.

Or we can have representatives for different backgrounds have a piece of the pie, as an example we can also allot 20-30% of the seat for guilds, other daos, mass/big investors, then the rest of the seats would be for the individuals which can act for the best interest of the total community. Of if we need more representation we can allot 1 for each group but still giving majority to the individuals without affiliation.

Basically we can control the representation for a more wholesome mix of council members. This is so we can prevent malicious sway of votes to cater to the benefit of some rather than the whole.

2 Likes

Hi Choakz! We shall remain impartial throughout the process and let the community decide who they want in the council. This, however, does not stop any community member from nominating anybody from the Laguna Games team! You may nominate anyone from the Laguna Games team, for example, Aron, Chris, Jeff or anybody you want!

To clarify further, as governance facilitators, representatives from the Laguna Games team will be presiding these meetings (initially, to be precise). We, however, won’t be able to vote unless we’ve been elected into the council. Hope that clears things up!

1 Like

Hello everyone! The proposal is queued on Snapshot and will be open to accept votes approximately 40 minutes from this post. You may reach the Snapshot entry by clicking on this link.

2 Likes

i agree to this proposal

This is a great idea,

I like this proposal, the community is what makes this project great.

Yeah, this is my concern as well. It’ll just be a popularity contest. I would much prefer a more organized selection process. I don’t have a solution to how this should be made but thoughts that come to mind is debates around topics led by a neutral (LG?) party between different candidates. TO really get a feel for who they are beyond a discord tag. Or as you suggested, a initial weeding out by the LG team, though that would be some pretty wasteful use of their resources I’d imagine.

1 Like

Something new.
It will be interesting to see what it will turn out to be.

Agree. It is good for long term game.

Help here are some rule can prevent some incorrect DAO proposals

1 Like

I am strongly in favor of this proposal! I will be voting YES once live.

Hello marathon! It’s currently live. Feel free to vote here

贊成
為了長久經營
我支持這個決定
繼續加油~~~~
:smiley:

Hi Yang! You may cast your vote here.

The Snapshot voting period for this proposal has ended.

For: 37,245,258.649
Against: 24,335.557

Total Votes: 37,269,594
% Participation: 40.27%

With this, we have successfully passed Governance Council Installation proposal so this thread will now be closed.

We shall begin implementing this shortly by opening the nominations for our Season 1 Governance Council Members.

3 Likes