Adjacency bonus revamp

Why not? :slight_smile:
I don’t handle staffing so don’t take my words as gospel but as someone from the governance side, I do see two paths.

1. Either as a contributor via EFund
  2. Either as an employee - I do think that the easiest route to this is to check the openings and applying for a position. The more roundabout manner is to accumulate proof of work the way TheTakoyakiGuy did, maybe?

That’s all I can think of for now!

1 Like

In case of TheTakoyakiGuy it was easy to see his proof-of-work results, his ui/ux sketch designs were something that is easier to touch you see :smile: , while suggesting different improving ideas is much more diluted, so it’s harder to notice imo :slight_smile:

I have a mixed impression of this proposal
For me, it is primarily aimed at improving the use of automated systems in the game (by some players), rather than improving the game for most players
Most players are planting/harvesting 2-3 times a day, but those who have automation of the process - it will be 4-5 times (depending on the bonus on the ground)
I.e. ordinary players won’t get a special advantage, but when you automate the process, you get a very big advantage (harvesting, growth in speed bonuses and berries, income from selling berries on the market)

Unfortunately you’re getting this wrong. The idea is not a proposal. One perk is just an example of possible bigger system.
And assuming you’re saying about bots - why wouldn’t such players just have an automation running non-stop? It would be much more efficient than using a talent that will make all the timers equal.

Tbh I already lost count how much times all the replies were just focused on one particular example.

Guys.

This is about a possible tree system of perks, not just ONE talent!

Let me share more examples how I see this.

I’m not offering something like PoE has:

123 talents!

But something like this:

or this:

It doesn’t mean we need to get rid of a default adjacency bonus. We can live with it but improve and make it more complex.

Because your original post emphasized speed in the first place.
What you are proposing now is too complicated.
I’m aware of the skill system, the talent tree, etc.
But, at this point, it is very, very early to implement here.
We even have unicorns have a level that doesn’t affect anything, and we raise the ground level in order to build more buildings there.

This comes first. Idea to convert Adjacency bonus into a talent tree.

Mentioning it again.

And only after I’m just giving an example of an ultimate talent. Check previous replies where I ask the rest of you not to pay so much attention to a particular example, but to the system as a whole.

Most say it is tooooo complicated. How can you be so sure of that? The point of the idea is to make it better, to consider all possible inconsistencies or potential exploits. I see no reason to cut down a potential feature without even trying to design it. But we won’t know if that’s that difficult unless we push it further and get a comment from the developers. To get that it has to be polished and proposed. The main thing is that I could do this alone and LG had to response, but what’s the point? It is not that hard to deal with “how to write a proposal”, the thing is why I made this threa is to look for ethusiasts who seek how we could make this game more fun and interesting.

All this takes time, changes don’t come in one day or a week. Everything in the web3 space requires extra attention. We have a structure for that:

Ideaidea improvement via forum discussionsaudience temperature checkproposalimpact report → and even here we are still discussing the feasibility of the idea.
And don’t forget the most important thing - the councils.

I think its a great topic, lots of good ideas and I approve that the current system isn’t the most attractive setup. Land rotation feel consuming and if you don’t rotate you lands to get max bonus every time you get weird farming timers differing a lot, which create a sense of grinding with a handicap. I was pretty surprised when I learned we could just move lands to get better bonuses. It made me wonder what it would look like when neighborhood feature come out.

Dropping this comment here to share my feel of the adjacency bonus system in its current state. But I’m still thinking around possible options. I will try to share some takes on the topic later. But one thing is sure there is multiple segment to the topic Land levels, number of lands locked, the classes of these lands. Not sure if farms bonuses should be reworked but a skill tree format for farm too where when leveling you get to choose time or berry boost bonus then the rng is applied to the amount, instead of rng bonus type + rng bonus size, this could create player specializations.

Thanks for reply :slight_smile:
As for now it seems community is not really interested in new features or assume it would require a lot of devs time. Especially after jousting release I feel that this topic is not at the right time, but wondering if it will ever be the right time for such changes!

1 Like

Yes I get you feeling. To be honest its a very common division in conversations. Even more when it is about gaming and building a game.

I would keep refining the idea. On friction point I saw while reading is that people confuse Farms plot bonuses, Land placement bonuses and a potential account(wallet) based. the 3 options are interesting I think.

One thin is sure Adjacency bonus should be reworked since simply moving lands sort of break the purpose of having land placement in the first place. I’m curious how it will unfold when neighborhood features come out.

1 Like

I hope this idea will be input into the game. It doesn’t only make the farm speed bonus as a good bonus, it also invites players to buy land.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.