Team and Investor RBW Token Lock Extension

Summary

With the protracted bear market in our midst, we believe that now is the time to renew our commitment to the long-term success of Crypto Unicorns IP and ecosystem. To this effect, we propose to extend the Team and Investor RBW Allocation Lock Period from a 1-year lock and 24-month linear unlock to a 2-year lock and a 24-month linear unlock.

Motivation

We believe that now is the perfect time to build and grow. By extending the lock period, the team is further incentivized to continue their work in development and better position the Crypto Unicorns ecosystem for growth.

Details

As described in the whitepaper, tokens were allocated to the Laguna Games Team and sold to strategic investors. Under the current schedule, the unlock period for these tokens will begin on March 1, 2023, one year from the token’s inception date. We propose to change this such that the unlock period for the Team and Investor RBW tokens begins one year later, on March 1, 2024.

Conclusion

The Laguna Games team and its investors are committed to the success of the Crypto Unicorns IP and ecosystem. We wish to continue building and supporting the project, especially given the current market conditions, to set us up for a period of rapid expansion and growth in the future. We ask that the community vote in support of this.

11 Likes

Just for clarity does this include all investors. The original investors and the investors at end of copperlaunch. This sounds like a good plan. And healthy for the games ecosystem.

2 Likes

Hello! Yes, this includes investors both from the seed round and the private round, yes.

2 Likes

this is excellent! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really like this initiative, that i have never seen in crypto/web3 space (maybe i missed good projects ahah)
This will also incite RBW’s holders from the community to restake their rbw for a year or at least 11months :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks lgNanessa, Well thought out plan and proposal here. I have no further questions. In full support.

2 Likes

Wow, this is an almost unheard of move (in a strictly positive way) – full support! thanks so much

Hello, everyone! We’re running an emergency council review for this proposal. We’ll be moving this proposal to Snapshot in the next 24 hours if it passes the council review. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

The council session for the Lock Extension proposal has just concluded, and I am pleased to announce that we’re now ready to share the result:

**Team + Investor RBW Lock Extension Proposal **
Yes to moving to Snapshot: 11
No to moving to Snapshot: 0

With this, the Team + Investor RBW Lock Extension proposal has been moved to Snapshot for the sRBW holders’ consideration.

Snapshot
Start: November 21, 2022, 4:55 AM UTC
End: November 26, 2022, 4:55AM UTC

I love this and agree that this will help encourage further staking by the general investment community. So, thank you!

Do we have any feedback from the investors that will be impacted by this? I assume that we will need some form of approval by them to make this occur. Is there any way that we approve this and the initial investors reject it?

We will be using the team and investor tokens to vote on this proposal. This will be our way of showing that we’ve reached an agreement prior.

2 Likes

That is a great incentice for the project to became stronger!

1 Like

Confidence boosting move by team and investor on the project. Thank you all.

1 Like

The voting period for this proposal has ended. Snapshot

For: 67,584,338.53 + 50,000,100 = 117,584,438.53
Against: 242,645.48

Total Votes: 117,827,084.01
% Participation: 62.03%

We have successfully passed CUIP-007 - Team and Investor RBW Lock Extension. The Team and Investor token lock is extended for another 12 months.

Thank you for taking part in governance. :handshake:

1 Like