Crypto Unicorns Name Change

I agree with the principle of the proposal that “crypto” has a connotation that does not do the game any favors to non-crypto folks. In fact, it could set folks off. I do think the overall collection could remain Crypto Unicorns, but the name of the components are more tailored to the audience. Meaning, the parent remains Crypto Unicorns but the farming component gest a new name; the jousting another; and eventually other components. That way they can be marketed based on their intended use case / user base.

This said, I do also agree the proposal’s name is not desirable. There should be a process for naming, which means the proposal as it stands would not be acceptable for snapshot and needs to be edited / updated prior to acceptance to vote.

We should be taking this more seriously. Every sane voice in web3 gaming has been saying that don’t have nft, crypto, defi etc in your brand names if you want people to take you seriously.
But we are doing opposite and going for global trademark.

1 Like

Yes i agree. Much easier to tell 300 players an new name and logo rather than 30k. Being optimistic with DAU growth of course but we’ve been at about the same for almost a year

1 Like

I agree if you rewrite the proposal to reflect something along the lines of this:

Unicorn Quest

You can build off that for the different loops … you get the idea:

Unicorn Quest: Battle Royale
Unicorn Quest: Horn’s Legacy
Unicorn Quest: Legendary Bloodlines
Unicorn Quest: Mythical Lineages
Unicorn Quest: Berry Bounty
Unicorn Quest: Fields of Fantasy
Unicorn Quest: Mythic Arena
Unicorn Quest: Shadowcorn Wars
Unicorn Quest: Shadowcorn Conquest
Unicorn Quest: Shadows Unleashed
Unicorn Quest: Shadowcorns Rising

1 Like

Crypto Unicorns Name Change to Unicorns World Unilimited (UwU)
Yes to moving to Snapshot: 7
No to moving to Snapshot: 4

Snapshot

The voting period for CUIP-021: Crypto Unicorns Name Change has ended with the following result.

Result: No

Snapshot: Snapshot

Yes: 17,608,019.75
No: 343,611,270.068

Total Votes: 361,219,289.82

We will not be implementing this proposal this time. Thank you for your participation.