We are committed in building a sustainable ecosystem that provides a fair and enjoyable experience for all participants. To preserve the integrity of our ecosystem, we believe that the DAO should implement a ban policy that addresses activities that violate the Terms of Service as well as other malicious activities that are detrimental to the Crypto Unicorns DAO, economy, community, game, and all associated products. Please keep in mind that this is only the first iteration of the proposed Ban Policy. This is subject to revisions based on the DAO discussions.
- To preserve the integrity of our ecosystem
- To safeguard the economy from malicious actors without affecting players’ regular gameplay experience
A. Ban Scenarios and Instances
- Terms of Service Violations: This covers any violations against the Crypto Unicorns Terms of Services.
- Hacking and Exploits: This includes any attempt to exploit smart contract, backend, or frontend vulnerabilities to manipulate game mechanics, take in-game assets or treasury funds, or disrupt any functionality.
- Cheating and Bots: This refers to the creation and use of automated software, such as bots or scripts, to obtain an unfair advantage over other participants or players. Simple scripts that do not negatively impact the economy may be exempt from this.
- Abusing Glitches: This refers to exploiting a platform’s intended and unintended features or bugs for an unfair advantage.
- Unreported Security Bugs: This includes exploiting a security bug or vulnerability for personal gain or to cause harm to the platform or its users without reporting it, as well as sharing information about a security bug or vulnerability with other users without reporting it, thus enabling or encouraging its exploitation. A significant part of sustaining the security and integrity of the Crypto Unicorns DAO and ecosystem involves addressing potential security vulnerabilities. Users who discover security flaws or vulnerabilities are expected to promptly report them using the Security Bug Bounty form.
- Sybil Attacks: This refers to the creation and use of multiple accounts for the purpose of manipulating game mechanics/reward systems/leaderboards, evading suspensions, or influencing the governance system.
- Misuse of Game Resources: This includes abuse on the game’s resources, such as computational power or storage, to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, or engage in other malicious activities.
B. Temporary Suspensions
Wallets: Players caught violating any of the above will have their wallets temporarily suspended immediately. Suspended wallets are denied access to all Crypto Unicorns DAO products, which includes the main game, its second party games, and any other products that will be released after this policy goes into effect.
NFT Assets: When a wallet is temporarily suspended, any NFT assets associated with the wallet will be tagged as “blacklisted” on the Hawku Marketplace and will remain in the game while the wallet’s in-game access will be disabled. The “blacklist” tagging in the marketplace is intended to protect unsuspecting players from purchasing NFTs associated with suspended wallets by error.
Once a temporary suspension has been served, a player may either:
- Request a reinvestigation in case the suspension was done in error
- Appeal the wallet suspension to restore access using the same wallet
Request a reinvestigation
If a participant believes that their wallet was suspended in error, they may request a reinvestigation via the ZenDesk team using the “Reinvestigation Form” within seven (7) days of the ban. If the claims are correct, the account restriction will immediately be lifted and access will be restored.
Appeal the wallet suspension
If a participant believes that their wallet was suspended in error, they can appeal the decision through the Crypto Unicorns DAO. The appeal process involves the following steps:
a. The player must submit a Draft Proposal on the forum using the “Wallet Suspension Appeal” format. This formal appeal must include the specific reasons why the suspension should be reconsidered, as well as any evidence in support.
b. As the Wallet Suspension Appeal is a Draft Proposal, it’ll follow the governance process where it is reviewed by the governance council prior to being voted on by the DAO. In contrast to other proposals, Wallet Suspension Appeals will be aggregated and reviewed only during the sessions held on the 15th of each month.
c. After the governance council review, the DAO will then make a decision on whether to uphold or overturn the suspension. The result is based on a majority vote and is considered valid if quorum is reached.
If the suspension is lifted, the player’s wallet access will be restored and the blacklist tags on the affected assets will be removed. If the suspension is upheld, the player’s access to the game will remain restricted.
A temporary suspension becomes a permanent suspension when:
- A player decides to no longer appeal the suspension.
- A player’s request to repeal the wallet suspension has been rejected by the Crypto Unicorns DAO.
Crypto Unicorns DAO will investigate suspected offenses using a variety of tools, techniques, and procedures to identify malicious activities. This may involve monitoring wallet transactions, analyzing game logs, and examining any other pertinent data to determine whether or not an offense has indeed occurred.
Players are urged to report any suspicious behavior. This is possible by submitting a ticket through ZenDesk. All reports will be promptly investigated, and the appropriate measures will be implemented.
In addition to the suspension, the Crypto Unicorns DAO also reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement and other relevant authorities in the investigation of any suspected violations of this policy or any other illegal activity.
For those who prefer reading on Notion, here’s a link to the policy: Notion
As we scale, we believe that we should look to protecting our economy and ensuring that our ecosystem stays secured and sustainable. We hope that with this, and the Security Bug Bounty that we are implementing soon, we would be able to safeguard ourselves in the long run. We ask that the DAO votes in support of this.