A better marketplace for Crypto Unicorns

I think the shadowcorn exploit is being brushed over a bit too easily here. there are two separate incidents that we know of, one of which was a lot more complex than the other which is the one Vyona is referring to. the way Chainlink was used for rolling mythic shadowcorns and the way it was handled once pointed out almost felt like a backdoor to those who were paying attention. not saying this was the case, but its not beyond reasonable doubt.

The “we could do with our own marketplace” narrative is strong enough to consider support. However, in this current proposal CU is making that synonymous with “… and moonbeam is the one who should do it”. this feels like a stacked proposal.

I’d much rather see this proposal split in two parts: part one - “do we want our own marketplace?” and part two -“who do we want to build it?”

Dark Forest

We have been quite transparent about what happened with the Dark Forest.

Here is a short retrospective we published about what happened: Lessons from the Dark Forest. by zomglings, Moonstream DAO | by Moonstream.to | Mar, 2022 | Medium

Here is how we updated our policies around security based on our experiences in the Dark Forest: Open tooling. Hidden operations.. Operational secrecy trumps openness of… | by Moonstream.to | Medium

The nature of our mitigation against the exploit required a certain degree of secrecy, which is why we didn’t discuss it openly white it was in place.

Two proposals

Crypto Unicorns is a blockchain game.

The way I see it, anyone could build their own marketplace for Crypto Unicorns. That’s the great thing about blockchain gaming.

The question here is really about integration into the official Crypto Unicorns clients - app.cryptounicorns.fun, and the game client itself.

1 Like

This is true. however, why is this synonymous to “…and Moonstream DAO is the one who should build it”? there are other parties who could work this build, aren’t we skipping a step?

Lessons from the Dark Forest. by zomglings, Moonstream DAO | by Moonstream.to | Mar, 2022 | Medium - This has been out since March 25.

Hey!
It seems to me that if we delay with the choice of the developer, we can hang at this moment.
Moonstrefm has at least proven itself to be a reliable partner
why not stop there?

1 Like

Hey guys - I think a market place customly built specific to CU is needed 100%

I do wonder if there is a better way we can compensate moonstream for the continued maintenance as I think 1% on all transactions isn’t the way.

I’d prefer if we could just pay moonstream to build the market place then employ someone else with the correct experience within CU to maintain it. That way all commission goes to the treasury rather than outside partners we can then add the 1% commission to the CU commission per each transaction and then use this extra revenue to employ the correct person to maintain it in house.

What if we fixed payments for the development of the page and then work out a percentage for the maintenance? Seeing the first proposals for the other services we paid for, we are paying with RBW. Why not do the same here for the building of the marketplace then once it’s working have a percentage of around .5% of fees in mp to cover maintenance costs? This way we know that moonstream would be heavily invested in CU as well since they’re paid RBW for the MP. Gives motivation to provide an excellent MP for CU.

I also think markets that require customization are a good idea,BUT,I don’t think it’s necessary to buy an entire set of toolboxes for one part,It is better to leave it to a professional partner,The transaction fee now is a reasonable price for me

3 Likes

The current top priority is to promote the sound, stable and healthy development of the game. Now that we need such a platform, why have we been struggling with the issue of costs? And compared with the Opensea platform, the cost has been reduced a lot. After the new platform is launched, the functions that can ensure safety, stability and sustainable adaptation are the most perfect.
I don’t think it’s a bad behavior to give the funding rate to friends who have been working together. At least better than giving it to Opensea.
I know that some community members are not from product development-related industries. They don’t know much about the establishment, development, maintenance, and operation of some products. We shouldn’t spend too much time arguing about this and leave it to a reasonable and professional team. Just deal with it, I trust Aron, Aron trusts the team, that’s enough!

4 Likes

The comments from the community are great, both agree and disagree. I hope to submit it to the community for a vote as soon as possible, it’s a matter of urgency for us.

2 Likes

Hi @zomglings ,
Anyone can make a marketplace, and I don’t think a proposal would be needed to do that, also since you are not asking for any compensation to do so. If a market place is made, I think an API should be made so that the game could integrate an in-game marketplace. Listing and buying could be done in game or on your website. I think it’s great that you are up to the task to create such a challenging endeavor and if implement would be amazing for the community and complete some milestones for Crypto Unicorns. I think after the marketplace and API is made you should propose to be integrated into the game app and be listed along side the website.

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with 404, I believe Moonstream should go and create their own marketplace in the spirit of decentralization. And if it takes off good for them!
Meanwhile the team should focus on OS integration (as it is the official marketplace of CU)
and do everything possible to ensure a smooth experience for our community!

1 Like

Hey.
You promised to make a business plan for the internal market project and post it to the community…
I.e. why are you laying down a commission percentage of 1.5%.
Also, there was no feedback as to why not do a floating commission percentage, depending on domestic market sales turnover.
I already gave an example:

• up to 99 million, 1.5%.
  • from 100 to 999 million - 1%.
  • From 1 billion. - 0,5%

@darthschmitty13 Aron, I also don’t understand why you’re not answering the question, what’s wrong with a floating commission?

1 Like

Hey @WINTER_AND_SUMMER ,

Haven’t forgotten about our conversation on Discord.

As @404 and @TheGenji rightly pointed out, the issue at stake is not whether we have the right to build a marketplace. It is the level of integration of the marketplace in the CU game experience.

We have been discussing internally (Moonstream DAO) how best to proceed without any additional support. These discussions are ongoing, which is why I have been silent for the last couple of days.

About the floating commission, it would be acceptable to us if it were tied objectively to performance and if it could increase as well as decrease.

I am not a fan of a floating commission based on total market turnover for one reason - it disincentivizes us to build a marketplace that increases turnover.

Our long term vision for the marketplace is for it to be so understanding of the game mechanics of CU that it could also act as a marketplace for breeding and delegation.

The turnover of such a marketplace would likely far exceed the turnover on Open Sea. In the system you proposed, we would be somewhat disincentivized for building novel and compelling features like the ones I described.

1 Like

Long story short:

I rather give 1% for a custom marketplace that can develop as more features get added, than give 2,5% to brokensea.

We will all benefit from it in the end.
(just my opinion)

7 Likes

If Moonstream can develop the marketplace fast and of high quality, I will support.

1 Like

This here is bullshit. The product manager decides what gets built and that is supposed to be led by LG. There is no reason other than wanting to line your pockets with cash, I also would fight against it if I were in your shoes.

What I don’t think most people understand is there is no reason to outsource a marketplace to a 3rd party. Opensea or Moonstream, comparing percentages of these two is not what should be compared.

Compare Axie Infinity, BigTime, All of Gala games marketplace fees to CU’s. They all pay zero fees too a 3rd party and we are agreeing to 100’s of millions of dollars based on Aron’s DAU projections.

I asked the question, why this decision is being made. It seems like the short term play but it did align with Aron’s values that he has been consistent with throughout the entire project.

The contract agreement should include:

1. Penalties for failure to deliver on milestones
  2. Reducing fees at certain levels of trading volume on the platform
  3. Open source API’s for public info access.
  4. The optional ability for LG to take the project over in entirety after a certain amount of revenue has been generated.
  5. Reviews every 4 months by the DAO, with the option to take action upon mediocre performance of moonstream…
5 Likes

Hello Rubick. I might not be able to answer all of your concerns but I think I can pitch in on a few topics.

• “Outsourcing” at this point was considered because of the overall direction of the internal development team. Our internal team is focused on fixing bugs and in trying to deliver what’s in our development roadmap. We really do want to ship the best product that we can. ^^
  • In addition to this, as you said it aligns to Aron’s vision for the project. In the long run, we want Crypto Unicorns to be a project/DAO where developers can come in and add/supplement to what we have.
  1. Penalties for failure to deliver on milestones

We’re pretty much in line here! ^^ We’re also working to update our process of check and balance for vendors/contractors with grants! To ensure that the community is getting what they deserve, we’ll be doing monthly check-ins on vendors/contractors with approved ecosystem fund grants to ensure they’re meeting the agreed-upon specs!

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been waiting for so long!!!

The descending auctions on Ronin marketplace are completely different from the auctions on Opensea. On Ronin, you can buy the descending auctions instantly and don’t have to wait until the end of the auction and be the highest bidder. No one uses auctions on Opensea. I think a large percentage of listings on Ronin are descending auctions.

3 Likes