Increasing the Breeding and Evolution Costs 2.5x

I see how this would help but I think set multipliers is not a great way to solve pricing. When you have a locked in value for certain features, i.e. breeding/evolving a unicorn, that set pricing can either be a blessing or a curse.

For example, we’re locked into this set price and it’s bad if price of the 2 CU tokens goes way up. It’s also bad if the price goes way down. The fix isn’t that we use multipliers to set the value, that’s temporary and will only require we address the issue again the next time the 2 tokens decide to go up or down.

I think a simpler solution is already presented to us in the form of how materials are priced in game. The pricing of materials are based on how the LP pool is doing for that material. It never goes way up and even if it does, it will hit a ceiling that determines the equilibrium in correlation with how other materials are doing. This should be the same approach with breeding. We expand the strong ideas behind the mat LP pool towards breeding.

So how do we do this? What do we tie breeding/evolving value to? Very simple. Use MATERIALS to breed. Now breeding is tied into material value versus how the tokens are doing outside the game which doesn’t fully reflect the health of the game economics inside the game. But what happens to UNIM and RBW. Simple, you still need these to buy materials and craft them. However, the health of the materials value are dependent on how players buy and sell ingame. The value of the materials will balance itself out just like any LP pool as people buy them to breed/evolve or any activity.

If people are buying to build out like crazy, so will the price of mats, and in turn raise prices of unicorns to breed. If the opposite happens, not enough mats are being bought, prices goes, down, so does the value of breeding out a unicorn. But even if value drops like this, the price of unicorns to sell on OS will have to adjust to ingame pricing of materials.

I’ve thought about the locked in pricing of breeding and evolving as an issue a while back. Now, it’s baring its ugly head. When prices are down, no one sells, When prices are up, it’s too expensive. It’s hard to thread the middle where people are willing to jump in.

Not sure if this made any sense but something I’m throwing out there.

4 Likes