Thanks @enillyddjens for opening this thread,
Here is my thoughts about this matter. its hefty but keep an open mind, it may be difficult to swallow but just read on!.
Before we begin I would like to say my position here : I’m fine regardless with or without additional re-numerations. I will work either way, though it would be great if there are some additional after term rewards with rewards tiers for councils based on their performance within their term. more info below
It is important that your councils are well compensated. regardless if it is you, me or anyone who will be a council for several reasons.
- It avoids council corruption. it is proven in many countries such as Singapore that corruption is really small to none when a certain government employee is well re-numerated.
- While it is nice to get people who will do counseling for free. in the real world scenario, time and expertise is involved. you can get much better people to put much more effort on certain task and even do extra work because they are more “encouraged” to do so.
it’s also wrong : to expect that you voted people to the chair because they will work extra for you for free or not well compensated enough specially at these bear times. that also sounds more like an exploitation. so as a voter you should consider people’s time and that they are limited. some experts and skilled people doesn’t always work for free. this is something to consider about and candidates or nominees should also understand this.
it is also wrong: to put high compensation/re-numeration to Councils. to a point that it is “disgusting”. Councils are not gods. though they have the ability to put forward proposals that the community feels needed to be pushed forward. Councils are not gods, they are your voice, they are your representatives. so being a lucrative council is also not good to foot forward specially at these bear market times.
again it is worth noting that it is “stupid” to put high compensation rewards for councils.
Being an open mind
There should be a balance on what everyone wants here. there should be a middle ground. you cannot just reject a certain idea because “it cost money”. this is what a lot of bosses say, and when a problem starts happening they blame you. You have to understand that there is a middle line for everything and that we have to put certain “re-numeration” on matters to make certain things work or work more effectively.
In this case LG proposed a Badge, for the term of 6 months, hence this is the reward that the councils will get unless there is a change in the councils responsibilities.
Seeing the sentiments above you may expect some of your councils to just do the bare minimum required from the paper because some can think that we[the community] never “compensated” them well enough. again unless LG created a new proposal for additional task to be given to councils with proper re-numeration. then they can proceed forward within as an additional for CUIP-004 in that 6 months.
worst case: councils get way corrupted than shadowcorns and pass proposals that will have a loop holes with other whales to get their bags bigger. though at this stage. with all the candidates I personally don’t think these issues will happen this early. but from my experience in crypto. seeing where we are now. everything is always so fast yet so slow at the same time. it is always challenging to know where the next problem is going to come and how fast are we going to react. so I really understand the sentiments of the community here on how their reactions are. but we can’t always be inclined in one side. or else our boat will sink.
Statements that were mentioned above are basically reactions and compilations of opinions and to what people are really putting in the comments. it is a nice perspective, ideas and sorts. like @Illest said. we can’t just give compensation to the councils right away w/o us not seeing any results yet. but it is also unfair to say that this council is just an experiment because one of our goals is to work towards decentralization, either way we will have this, its just a matter of when. you also have to give the point here that the community votes for these top candidates hence they believe on these people.
Now what can be the middle ground here?
- Give those rewards at the end of the term if they were not kicked.
- Those rewards should not be monumental to a point that it will hurt the community and or the economy and or any balancing in-game.
- Reward can be in a form of a council loot box, a chance based appreciation of finishing the service in Tiers 1 2 3 if ever depending on their additional level of contribution within the term of 6 months, this way we can have a council healthy team competition and discord activity.
- Community should vote for their tiers to see their participation. since the community nominated them, the Community should be the one providing the Tier stack for them if there are any available.
- Personally not keen with direct RBW / UNIM rewards. it should be something that they can use in-game, those lootboxes may have unim or rbw but it should be chance based and not monumental.
- We should not demonize those people who proposed these types of ideas because they were asking for rewards, as people on this forum. we should be open minded at these ideas and try to see if you can make things work. this is where the “innovation” begins. it makes us grow this way. no hard feelings.
**[THIS IS A TEST OF DOUBLE STANDARDS TRIGGER WARNING] **
- It is healthy to discuss about a re-numeration, if additional task were expected for councils besides the one mentioned in CUIP-004.
- Council should not be forced/exploited pressured/harassed, to do any other task than what is mentioned in CUIP-004.
- Community members SHOULD also be well aware of what Councils task are. which was stated in CUIP-004.
- Councils have the option to review and assist people [NOT LG] with proposals and help the community. it is not something that will need to be required for them because it is not written as a requirement in CUIP-004.
- We should all respect and follow CUIP-004 as this was what we have agreed on with the community.
If you found the message above a bit ridiculous as an opinion, then you should consider your double standards checked.
My opinion / My Action
- I will follow and support LG to what direction is needed for the community to grow and prosper and to be a happier community.
- My action and decision is always for the fairness of everyone and will always act with the latest Information I have.
- My goal is to make Crypto Unicorns more fun while being serious at passing important matters.
- I will be stern in several cases and may sound straight forward. it is for people to keep an open mind and be serious at matters that need attention
Thank you for your time reading this. I hope we all land a better decision at these ideas in the future.
P.S.: Expect my responses to be as long as this every time.