Staking Emission Reduction II

Hello again, @MTM_zela! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that how to approach decentralization will always differ from one person/organization to another and always appreciate discussions around it too. Afterall, this system of organizing is mostly experimental. While we do have our ideas of how to go about this, I am open to discussions anytime. Happy to listen and discuss elsewhere! ^^ For this specific proposal though, we truly believe in the possible value and good it will bring to our ecosystem so you’ll have to forgive me for not making edits this time around.

When team and seed investors extended their lock period to one more year they also gave favour to the investors by not unlocking and staking their tokens which could potentially reduce the overall staking APY for investors down by 80-90%

It is time for investors to return some favours for the overall ecosystem and economy.

1 Like

This is true. I never considered this. Thanks for added perspective on this topic.

Has the team considered the legal implications of using their tokens to vote to pass a proposal to reduce staking rewards? I think it would be difficult to convince a court that the token is not an unregistered security.

1 Like

SRBW is a governance token. Taking this actions, is a use of governance powers.

Your securities legal argument, makes a bigger case for eliminating staking completely, so as to not expect a return from the token.

1 Like

The majority of the community did not reject it; only you and a few other wallets did.

The council session for the Staking Emission Reduction II proposal has just concluded, and I am pleased to announce that we’re now ready to share the result:

Staking Emission Reduction II
Yes to moving to Snapshot: 10
No to moving to Snapshot: 1

With this, the Staking Emission Reduction II proposal shall go to Snapshot for the sRBW holders’ consideration.

:link: Snapshot: Snapshot
Start: March 1, 2023 17:37 UTC
End: March 6, 2023 17:37 UTC

1 Like

The voting period for this proposal has ended with the following result.

Result: Passed

Snapshot: Snapshot

For: 39,204,970.53 + 200,000,000
Against: 53,980,053.15

Total Votes: 293,185,023.7

Total sRBW Votes: 53,619,184.33
% sRBW Participation: 50.42%

With this, the emission for the single-side staking will be reduced from March 7, 17:38 UTC.

1 Like