Ecosystem Grants - Round 1

Abstract

Building a game with the ambitions and scale of Crypto Unicorns (CU) is an endeavor that takes a big community. In addition to our core team, we work with partners around the world to bring their specific expertise to the world of CU. In order to support their efforts and align their motivations over the long term, we propose to grant them RBW tokens from the Ecosystem Fund.

Motivation

From the outset we knew community partners would be important to the project, so we created the Ecosystem Token Fund. This fund, defined in the Whitepaper, is set at 100MM RBW tokens and is intended to engage and align our partners’ long-term contributions and commitment to our amazing community.

Details

As we engage partners, we will define the contribution made by each group and propose a token allocation we believe represents the team’s contribution. We will use a framework that considers a number of different parameters to guide our allocation proposal. Some developers will deliver core technologies or features the game depends upon while others will deliver auxiliary features that round out the experience. Some contributors will spend a short time with us, delivering on a specific initiative while others will contribute over a longer period of time. And some allocations target problem sets like bugs instead of specific developers. This framework will guide our proposals, but may not foresee all considerations so we expect to adjust the framework to meet the changing demands of game development.

These partners are critical to delivering the amazing CU game experience. This token fund is part of the DAO so it is up to the governors of the DAO to approve the distribution of the Ecosystem Token fund. Here are the specifics of the first Ecosystem Token Fund grant proposal for your consideration.

Grants

Moonstream DAO

This team of top-notch developers is a critical development partner for Crypto Unicorns. They have played a key role in developing core components of Crypto Unicorns including smart contracts and providing on-chain analytics services. We propose token allocations based on milestones as follows:

• Milestone 1 (Complete) - 50,000 RBW
    • Egg / Land Sale Smart Contract Audit
    • Real-time On-Chain Data Analysis and Reporting
  • Milestone 2 (Complete) - 50,000 RBW
    • Dark Forest Smart Contract Development
    • Dark Forest Live Operations Management
  • Milestone 3 (Complete) - 50,000 RBW
    • Terminus Smart Contract Deployment for UNIM, Lootboxes, SC Eggs, RBW Airdrop IOUs
    • Terminus Live Ops
  • Milestone 4 (In-Progress) - 350,000 RBW
    • Game Contract Audit + Ongoing Terminus LiveOps Support
    • Dark Forest Act II Development and LiveOps Support
    • Vesting for 12 months

The tokens associated with completed milestones will be allocated upon approval, while tokens associated with future or in-progress milestones will vest over a 12 month period. We hope to continue to work with Moonstream beyond these milestones.

Venture Counsel

Venture Counsel specializes in crypto law. They advise the company and perform various legal services for the company. They work at a significantly reduced rate in exchange for tokens. We propose a token allocation as follows:

• Milestone 1 (ongoing) - 500,000 RBW
    • Crypto law advice
    • Generation of legal agreements
    • Regulatory work
    • Legal opinions
    • Compensation structuring

Emfarsis

Emfarsis is a marketing consulting agency specializing in crypto platforms. Their top-notch team has worked with the world’s leading crypto projects and we are pleased to have them on board to consult on our go-to-market activities. Emfarsis will advise the company at a regular cadence at our direction. We propose a token allocation as follows.

• Continuous service - 12,500 RBW earned monthly for one year.

Dune Analytics Dashboard Work

Dune Analytics contributor Carson Brown https://twitter.com/CarsonMBrown is helping build out and maintain our system dashboards. We propose a token allocation as follows.

• Continuous service - 2,000 RBW earned monthly for one year.

Proposal Cost

The total cost of this Ecosystem Grant proposal is 1.174M RBW which will be distributed over 12 months across the above-mentioned milestones and vesting schedules.

Conclusion

Please help us support our community of partners already contributing valuable code and ideas to Crypto Unicorns by voting to support this proposal.

146 Likes

What an example of a draft proposal! I think all points that were outlined make sense based on my limited ability to judge this type of expenses.

13 Likes

Thanks SWISS!

First one to ever reply to a governance proposal! uWu!!

We think these RBW grants accurately reflect the contributions of the mentioned partners. Vesting schedules, etc help to protect us in the event that a partner stops working on the project prior to being fully vested or become non performant.

12 Likes

This is great @darthschmitty13 ! Very excited to see what comes through this and the value it will add to both the community and the game by extension. I assume this will be set up so anyone can propose anything? :slight_smile :smiley:

6 Likes

Yup @noobtwo anyone can propose a grant for the Ecosystem Fund!

6 Likes

Looks good to me! All very important things we need :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The author is dedicated. Like it

2 Likes

this is a great post :grinning:

3 Likes

Proposal looks great! Excited to see this play out if passed.

3 Likes

glad to see more high quality essays

2 Likes

All are necessary expenses. Support

1 Like

If all these expenses have already been whitelisted, then why not.

3 Likes

Looks reasonable. I am only wondering if a marketing company, specialized on crypto is enough. Crypto is pretty new and there are very experienced casual gaming marketing firms out there.

Therefore my suggestion would be to run two marketing strategies. I know the main target is crypto users but why not empower casual gamers to have their first crypto experience with CU?

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Blackfield,

Right now given the high cost to play the game I think we need to wait to engage a second marketing firm until a bit later. I mentioned this in an AMA but as F2P developers in the past we’ve collaborated with https://upptic.com/ which is a phenomenal growth marketing group. They’ve actually been working on supporting the launch of Origins.

Overtime as we hit a state where the supply of NFTs is ready for a wider demand of players… that’s when we’ll look to engage additional marketing resources.

12 Likes

This sounds great.

1. I would be curious to know more on Moonstream. Forgive me if this is obvious but do they also incorporate security within their role or is that in house or not an issue further than their on-chain analysis and contract audits. I’ll go do my own Googling but any info you want to share to the community here I’d love to know more.

2. I was actually thrilled to see a view into a marketing strategy and funds allocated to an experienced marketing strategy team as we creep into an area of needing that next step. I also agree with both blackfield and Aron… Nice to see a long term plan is in place for marketing, as growth and breadth of the game expand over the next months/years. It’s one area I felt a little lacking in transparency of a plan that makes me ecstatic to see a glimpse into beyond internal members and social, which is perfect for now but … ok I wont beat a dead horse (unicorn… don’t die flicker) here. But yes. This all sounds great.

So over the moon to be part of this historic launch. Thanks for all you guys do. Blessed to be here.

9 Likes

Hi MoMo!

To answer your question on the moonstream team →

The Moonstream team has already been foundational to our success. They initially provide smart contract audits, deployment assistance, and on-chain data analysis during all of our pre-sales. They then co-developed the Dark Forest, helped with LiveOps and continue to maintain the store front - https://opensea.io/collection/crypto-unicorns-shadowcorns. Going forward we will continue to leverage both their smart contract expertise as well as their on-chain data analysis platform. I’m very happy to be partners with the Moonstream DAO!

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks for the support!

16 Likes

Everything looks good. I don’t see an issue with any of these allotments and I’m sure the team knows what they need to succeed.

3 Likes

Hahaha love this, classic!

3 Likes

It looks great

All partners are working without any payment until this proposal?

3 Likes

I think they’re already been paid with the projects status ‘Complete’.

3 Likes