Community tools for Crypto Unicorns

I agree with Nhoohin. No need for CU to pay for this tool. 3rd party tools can generate revenue directly from user subscription. I was a heavy breeder in Axie. I thank you for your tool, I used it to learn the breedig mechanics of Axie, but once I started breeding, I never used the tool again. Tools are great, but most players won’t use them.

7 Likes

Please describe what happens to the tools and resources at the end of one year. Is there a further maintenance commitment required? Are they transferred to DAO ownership?

3 Likes

The proposal is good, can you compare the impact of adopting the proposal and not adopting the proposal on the project?

3 Likes

I also think its too soon for this.
I’m not convinced that this proposal is value for all the community, for example uni pedia is not of value to me as I can read this all in the existing information -although it looks an easy to digest format for beginners its just a summary made with pretty interface. Similar for uni market, -seems like this will already exist in game. What value are you adding?

I think most of us have wondered about how unicorns will find the perfect match so the ideas of the “uni tinder” are the most interesting part. Again not sure its adding value for all users.

I agree with Turk Turkleston that perhaps each of these should be seperate smaller proposals, and I think Ken has a good point on short time frames for non-essential tools.

Seems like you have some skills and tools that would benefit new players.

3 Likes

I like what I’m seeing, but having been in axie for almost a year now I’ve always opted for other tools than yours simply because of the lack of polish and flexibility in the tools.

The draft in its current state will leave me voting hard no for this proposal.

• In part because I think we need a period of discovery for the mechanics and features, that IS the game after all and going through it with a cheat sheet is just extractive for the economy.

• But also because there is no specification for how the funds will be used at all. As with any contractor I need to see a budget with a clear breakdown of where funds will be spent and we also need a draft agreement that ensures we have feedback opportunities and the right to cancel the project if it’s not living up to expectations. I would be more lenient with my point about the right to cancel if I saw more use of your axie tools.

The intent is good but we need insurance as a buyer.

5 Likes

And btw these are actually the reasons why we started making tools - we bred lots of axies, ran 200+ sized scholarships and felt too much of uncertainty and inconvenience while doing that…

Why are you speaking in the past tense for your axie scholars? Did you drop 200+ scholars when the economy saw a slump in Axie?

This might sound harsh, but if that is the case I’m not sure of the teams fundamental values are right for this community.

4 Likes

The tool looks really cool, but I heavily disagree with the cost. I would rather recommend to build this tool without funding and charge the user of your tool with a small monthly fee.

In the end these kind of tools should be created without asking for money. I am sure there will be projects that will do it without asking for funds.

It might be better to use our treasury for things like marketing (e-sport/tournament prices) or spin-off games

9 Likes

Tools looking great, but I do not see the big advantages for our community.
It is part of the game finding best strategy and one way bring advantage to low Spenders is own research - that time should be money too. Otherwise all the advantages will be for the big investors only.
So let the game start and see how it works. External tools for lot of money could be option later (after 1 year).

4 Likes

I agree with this Idea.

4 Likes

Good idea, let’s go!

5 Likes

You made tools for AXIE as a gamer, and you made them for yourself first and then monetized them for the whole community. Here you are not a player and just want to make money on what will appear a priori from the same devoted fans as you were in AXIE. The big difference is whether you reward dedicated players or third-party developers.

4 Likes

I think the RBW ask is too much for what feels like something that will happen organically, and likely for free.

7 Likes

Tools looks great but I’m pretty sure you don’t need that much allocation to develop these tools. Someone will end up doing it for free or the community could hire someone to do it for fraction of the price.

However I think it would be healthy for the community to allocate RBW to independant developers which I think would be healthy stakeholders for the game and the community.

But here, the model of distribution presented here seems wrong. The initial allocation to deliver the tool should be lower, automatically vested and based on estimated time of work. Then, we could have more milestones that are based on utility(user feedback) and usage (nb of users,nb of request) to reward developers for the success of their tool. It would give them incentive to keep improving their product in the long term.

11 Likes

Completely agree with your statement. I also think we have enough members in the community who can put together a good product, which I would like to support because it would be homegrown.

7 Likes

Thank you so much !!!

4 Likes

It’s great idea to have these tools but i hope it won’t have to cost RBW that much.

3 Likes

This all looks really cool :wink::+1:t3:

All would be super helpful tools, especially if you could plug in the ability to receive alerts when tracking pricing of particular unicorns/lands for buying/selling.

4 Likes

Overall, your data visualization is doing well, but I think if you spend more RBW because of this, it will be a little more expensive. I feel a little distressed about the dune data, but I can only accept it.

4 Likes

this is strange because i was active in Axie space and i’ve seen this tool . i’ve never really gotten to use it because there were other alternative tools out there that were much more accurate specially in the breeding ones.

While community tools are great. LG has most of the things planned out on their any already so i think to have this may not be that useful.

The UI is nice. but the timing of this proposal is not really great .
The RBW required to get this project done is a bit… expensive. with monthly 1000 RBW’s. etc etc.

I think generally maybe its best that this tool need be created first and let the community decide its usefulness after… and vote after for an ecosystem grant if its really useful. it seems like your team already has a template for this which means you’re going to create it anyways regardless. and since you already have a template it feels like you’ll be able to do this with ease which makes me think that the price is not right even if we provide an eco system grant for this.

I do not agree with this nor i do not support this at this time. if the team can create something that is different and that it will make it stand out on other game-fi then we consider another proposal for an ecosystem grant.

9 Likes

Hi ser! Thank you for the profound feedback on our proposal!

As for the tools proposed:

• the idea of Unipedia implies not only high-level concepts from the whitepaper but also complete guides on each of in-game element (say types of lands) and activity (different gameplay modes). we also would love to encourage community-driven content adding up lifehacks / tips as players start to explore the game. we don’t pretend to do it on our own so we see nothing criminal in sharing the knowledge between the community members
  • Unitinder has a deeper concept inside rather than being just a regular breed costs calculator. it helps players to plan their breeds completely (eg to assess genes probablities for the planned offspring) + conveniently (one can import his/her unicorns by inputting the wallet). this model has already proven itself for axie.
  • Unimarket has nothing to do with RBW Marketplace that is a marketplace for in-game assets only (berries, items, materials). Lands and unicorns analyzed in Unimarket are sold on the Opensea.

Thus, these tools are not only about design/UI but also about adding some valuable functionality and extra ways for community members to express themselves.

We fully agree with the point that the tools should grow organically inside the community and we humbly pretend to be a part of it as most of our team personally invested in the game! And we believe such beautiful game as Crypto Unicorns deserves to have professionally created tools that would benefit its community :slight_smile:

11 Likes